Beginners and Beyond

In case you didn't know; FriDAILIES! (Read 41 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me earlier this am. I'm working today but really have nothing to do.

Marjorie

onemile

6 miles, again in shorts.

This.

LRB

10.2 for me earlier this am. I'm working today but really have nothing to do.

You should've brought the boys in with you. 

Zelanie

Starting to feel a little bit better already.  Smile

workinprogress11

3 easy, + 1 at tempo + 16 x 200 meters at goal mile pace done.

Target was 37 seconds per 200: 37, 38, 36, 37, 36, 37, 36, 38, 36, 38, 38, 37, 37, 35, 37, 37.

It will take a miracle for me to run that pace for a full mile, but miracles can and sometimes do happen. 

Holy crap, that is fast.

LRB

Holy crap, that is fast.

It's a work in progress no pun intended.  

Trying to run them smooth is the trick, that's when you know you are ready to take a jump in fitness. I am not quite there yet but hopefully this winter will see a breakthrough.

I liked your comment regarding morning running and the novelty to it. It is pretty much like that every morning, for me anyway.  I love it.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

You should've brought the boys in with you. 

They are here. I'm working from home.

Marjorie

LRB

They are here. I'm working from home.

Cyberic

Those are pretty much right on the target LRB.

Lily, yep, there were two things about running 'high mileage'. 1st was could my body handle it? Yes it can. 2- Where do you find time to run that much? That question still holds because right now I'm on vacation, kids are not playing soccer... But come january it will be more difficult to find the time. Mileage might drop and pick up again in march or april.

Scotty, a little while ago two weekends in a row if I remember correctly, you raced as many races as I have in my whole life (4). You win Smile

LRB

Starting to feel a little bit better already.  Smile

What did the trick?

Cy what is even more incredible is you were running on a bum heel not too long ago!

LRB

This.

You just kicked your poor bike straight to the curb once your calf healed.  lol

Zelanie

What did the trick?

Just time, I think. The nice thing about cruddy fever sicknesses is that they usually don't last long. Sadly, I was not great company for Christmas, but people can deal.

Of course, by feeling better, I mean that I've managed to move from my bed to the couch, and eat a pancake.  Not exactly major accomplishments. 

Cyberic

Cy what is even more incredible is you were running on a bum heel not too long ago!

I was rather lucky that I put the finger on the cause right away.  It was the lower ankle, lower achille's from doing too much speed work on the stupid 190m rectangular indoor track and/or increasing mileage and increasing speed work at the same time. One way ot the other, after one easy week, all was back to normal. I decided to cut down on the speed until I can do it outside again. This winter I'll try to build a nice mileage base and not get injured. Hopefully that will pay off come spring.

delicate flower

6 @ 7:45 pace.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 (not @ 7:45 pace) and heavy weights done.  She had to adjust Pilates this morning due to my groin hurting and my run was not pain free.  I think it is the coughing but hope it's not a hernia or something.

Damaris