Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Down the pipe and into the pit (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

Welcome back!

Thanks. I want to go to bed but it's not even 6 yet!

Montreal is not so hot by most's standards, but compared to my last month, geez. The adaptation will be a little brutal I think, lol.

LRB

Woke up this morning...

Not as thrilled with that as you were yesterday, 'eh?

LRB

Home

Was it still there. lol

LRB

9.2 easy on the TM.

Nice and cool I take it?

LRB

Yeah we have an Excessive Heat Warning in effect from noon tomorrow until 8 PM Sunday  Current prediction is high of 99 both days and heat index of 111.

Fortunately husband is working from home tomorrow, so I'm just going to roll out for 15 miles super early AM when it's still upper 60s and then coast through the weekend with short/easy runs.

So far, it hasn't been that bad, at least not to the level of all of the hysteria that's come with it. Although I'm not running in it so that may have something to do with it!

RunningOnSand

Thanks. I want to go to bed but it's not even 6 yet!

Montreal is not so hot by most's standards, but compared to my last month, geez. The adaptation will be a little brutal I think, lol.

jetlag can be a bitch! Hoping you get over it soon.

We are back from WI Dells now, and I ran twice, but walked a gazillion miles every day and up another gazillion stairs for water slides, and we also went hiking. My legs are tight but surprisingly not sore. Yay!

LRB

RD for me but I might lift and if I want to eat and drink, I might have to do kickboxing as well.

What? 

RunningOnSand

So far, it hasn't been that bad, at least not to the level of all of the hysteria that's come with it. Although I'm not running in it so that may have something to do with it!

We are also under an excessive heat warning, but our temps are "only" getting to 105 heat index. I also plan to get up early and get it done.

onemile

We are also under an excessive heat warning, but our temps are "only" getting to 105 heat index. I also plan to get up early and get it done.

yeah about the same here

LRB

I have 18 to run Saturday. The overnight low is gonna be like 80.  The running group is doing 12 and having water stops so I'm planning to make use of that

That's perfect. At this point, I have no idea what I'm doing, where I'm doing it, or if I'm even doing it. lol

onemile

That's perfect. At this point, I have no idea what I'm doing, where I'm doing it, or if I'm even doing it. lol

my RP (UR) who is training for nothing is going to run it with me.  just for fun.  starting at 6:30 am (the group run starts at 7:30).  (fingers crossed he shows up. he ran with me twice at 6am this week.

LRB

Planned off day today, unplanned off day tomorrow, maybe pool run Saturday?
                          Right middle ham started feeling a little raw at 6 last night, slowly got worse and was down right painfully raw when I got up at 4:15 this morning.  Different location and onset than the outside ham-adductor problem that plagued me in April and May; back then the rawness would start during a run then slow fade after, this time it didn’t start till 10 hours after and didn’t peak till 20 hours after.  WTF?!?!
                          Likely the same trigger as before: elevated pace, exacerbated by dirt.

Felt better after a little hot tub early this morning.  Just needs rest

You need a back and calf massage yo.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not as thrilled with that as you were yesterday, 'eh?

Nope.... but hopefully with this prescription tomorrow will be different.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

my RP (UR) who is training for nothing is going to run it with me.  just for fun.  starting at 6:30 am (the group run starts at 7:30).  (fingers crossed he shows up. he ran with me twice at 6am this week.

You just never know with the guy and knowing that makes it all the more adventurous. Like, be prepared for any and everything, and nothing. lol

onemile

You just never know with the guy and knowing that makes it all the more adventurous. Like, be prepared for any and everything, and nothing. lol

lol my new rule is he has to text me in the morning so I know he is up and on his way. Then I don't bother to drive somewhere only to have him not show up because he slept thru his alarm

Except on Saturday I'm gonna go either way