Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Zip dat ass up! (Read 31 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's been in the 50s at night here. I've been going to bed in lots of clothes...   (to be fair, we haven't turned on our furnace)

But I will say that spending Christmas in Maine just might kill me. Last time we were there in the wintertime was 5 years ago.  MIL was dealing with hot flashes so the windows in her house were wide open. In Maine. In December. I was basically dressed the same for inside as outside.

We have the AC on all year at 75-77F so the house is always normally nice.  We don't wear many clothes and on nights like this, we either turn the heater on, or turn the cats on...

Damaris

sdWhiskers

We have the AC on all year at 75-77F so the house is always normally nice.  We don't wear many clothes and on nights like this, we either turn the heater on, or turn the cats on...

After moving here from South Florida, it definitely took me awhile to get used to our house NOT being the same temp year round. And to have the windows open

onemile

when i I awoke the temp was 15°F? Luckily there was no wind, otherwise I would have wanted to cry. After all, it is still only November.

But the sun is out today, for maybe the 3rd time this month.

GinnyinPA

We had sun, but it didn't last. Temperature is currently 32 feels like 12, thanks to the wind. It's supposed to be 28 mph sustained this afternoon. I think I'll do my 5 on the TM.

Runshortii

But the sun is out today, for maybe the 3rd time this month.

I think it’s supposed to warm up a little starting tomorrow

onemile

I think it’s supposed to warm up a little starting tomorrow

Unfortunately it looks nasty 'Rain/Wind' for the weekend

onemile

It's all 'winter wonderland' by my house but pretty much zero snow here at work (by the lake). Weird.

LRB

Honestly, I'm already in survival mode. December 1 can't get here quick enough so I can start chipping off the weeks. 12 of them to be exact. That gets me to March 1 which used to signal the beginning of spring, but now signifies one last month of winter. 

onemile

Honestly, I'm already in survival mode. December 1 can't get here quick enough so I can start chipping off the weeks. 12 of them to be exact. That gets me to March 1 which used to signal the beginning of spring, but now signifies one last month of winter. 

It has been a rough November

LRB

It has been a rough November

Yep. We could possibly end up with 5 a month winter...or worse!

DavePNW

The Weather Channel was in south Florida this morning. The reporter had on a fur hat. 

Like this?

Dave

LRB

Like this?

Hey, that's him!

delicate flower

George Costanza was the subject of a Jeopardy answer the other night.  The question was "What is a marine biologist."  That might be my favorite episode, right up there with The Jimmy and The Comeback.

<3

RunningOnSand

Yep. We could possibly end up with 5 a month winter...or worse!

And I would argue that it was a rough fall, too. In MN we had about a week of our usually glorious fall weather. 😢 and spring was shitty. Blah. Maybe the rest of the winter will be better. 🤞🏻

DavePNW

George Costanza was the subject of a Jeopardy answer the other night.  The question was "What is a marine biologist."  That might be my favorite episode, right up there with The Jimmy and The Comeback.

The sea was angry that day, my friend. Like an old man sending back soup at a deli.

Dave