Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Zip dat ass up! (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

Yep. We could possibly end up with 5 a month winter...or worse!

Too early to freak out about that, people. In March you can wish for it to end, in April you can bitch all you want about winter, but we're still in November!!! You'll feet wretched by mid-December if you don't adopt a more positive attitude! Cheer up!

Eric, your life coach to a brighter existence.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Too early to freak out about that, people. In March you can wish for it to end, in April you can bitch all you want about winter, but we're still in November!!! You'll feet wretched by mid-December if you don't adopt a more positive attitude! Cheer up!

As a person who gets tired of our Summer by April, I welcome any and all whining about winters by November, lol.

Damaris

onemile

I ran 8. It wasn't supposed to be windy out but it sure felt like it

LRB

And I would argue that it was a rough fall, too. In MN we had about a week of our usually glorious fall weather. 😢 and spring was shitty. Blah. Maybe the rest of the winter will be better. 🤞🏻

We had a great fall in 2017, best in recent memory...wait, what was I saying?? #goneANDforgotten lol

LRB

We're rehearsing for the real thing. Big grin

onemile

I think we have had really cold Novembers and then had it warm up in Dec. Maybe?

Cyberic

We're rehearsing for the real thing. Big grin

Cyberic

Are Nigel Frank International a pain in the ass for people in the USA too? They don't understand the simple two letter word "NO". They leave messages in my work telephone voice mail, the call me on my cell phone, they send emails. PITA. Don't call me, I'll call you. They don't understand that either. They have like one million phone numbers, so I can block them, they always call back with a different number 

Ok, rant over. Back to my happy self!

KCRuns

I never made it to the gym yesterday.  I worked through lunch and stayed late, but I finally got caught up from being out on Monday.

Today, I did make it to the gym during lunch and got 5.8 TM miles, it was wonderful.  I wasn't able to run during Thanksgiving, so this was my first in almost a week.  It felt good.

Cyberic

I never made it to the gym yesterday.  I worked through lunch and stayed late, but I finally got caught up from being out on Monday.

Today, I did make it to the gym during lunch and got 5.8 TM miles, it was wonderful.  I wasn't able to run during Thanksgiving, so this was my first in almost a week.  It felt good.

That's a long lunch break!

KCRuns

Are Nigel Frank International a pain in the ass for people in the USA too? They don't understand the simple two letter word "NO". They leave messages in my work telephone voice mail, the call me on my cell phone, they send emails. PITA. Don't call me, I'll call you. They don't understand that either. They have like one million phone numbers, so I can block them, they always call back with a different number 

Ok, rant over. Back to my happy self!

When I read your post, I thought telemarketers, but after googling them, now I know better.  You must be happy where you are to not be interested in talking to them.

onemile

I ran 8 on my lunch break 

KCRuns

George Costanza was the subject of a Jeopardy answer the other night.  The question was "What is a marine biologist."  That might be my favorite episode, right up there with The Jimmy and The Comeback.

Do y'all play HQ Trivia?  Thursday night is Seinfeld trivia night. If you're a big fan, you can win $$.

(If you don't play, but want to, use my code KCRuns when you sign up)

KCRuns

Nobody cares what I do during the day as long as I get my job done and don't take advantage of their good nature.  My boss is pretty laid back and awesome.  I'm in sales, which requires client lunches and dinners, etc., so they don't worry too much if I take long lunches on other days because they know I put in my time and work hard.

Cyberic

When I read your post, I thought telemarketers, but after googling them, now I know better.  You must be happy where you are to not be interested in talking to them.

Been working at my current job for 18 years. Not a stressful job, which is very rare in my field of work (programmer-analyst) of 35 hours per week, all holidays are vacation days, and so on.

I would make money elsewhere, no doubt, but my salary per hour would not necessarily be greater, and my stress level would most probably be higher. I'm also afraid that if I change job, that newer job will lats for a year or two, and then I'm over 50 and looking for employment.

They're after me like leeches because I have good experience on a technology on which there's a big shortage of qualified professionnals. But that could change, fast.