Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 30 times)

LRB

Yo.

I was contemplating doing some kind of light leg workout and then I stood up...

Nope!

Rest day. lol

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did 11.4 on wheels, then 3.3 on the feet.  I liked everything but the hills, and I didn't hate them.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

My knee is doing this weird numb/tingling thing... it's done it before, it's not painful per se but it is incredibly uncomfortable and annoying and it should really just go away because I don't have time to deal with such shit right now.  (I do not have a future as a home health aide.  It is hard work.)

25 trainer miles.  Good thing you can sit while riding a bike because I would have fallen on my face from exhaustion otherwise.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

'Morning.  My alarm went off at 5:15 but there was no way in hell I was getting out of bed, so my swim will have to wait until after work.  That extra sleep was much needed.  80 miles of mountain biking over the weekend.  That is a LOT, not to mention the ridiculous amount of climbing.  I logged a little under 17 hours of training last week.  Good times.  

<3

onemile

I ran 8

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So far, I have accomplished sitting at the airport with a canceled flight and a better one rebooked. Now we fly direct but still 2 hours away. Been here for 3 hours so far. Meh. RD, of course.

Damaris

SRD.

Dave

Runshortii

I ran 5. I've been feeling kind of blah with all the easy paced runs, so I did 4x1000m repeats. I did them at "10K pace". They sucked. But it felt nice to do a little bit of speedwork

Question for the masses. There's a 10K in a few weeks I want to do, and I'm scheduled to run 14 that weekend.  Would it best to run the 14 on Saturday and then do the 10K on Sunday, or just make the 10K part of my long run? (Like 6 miles easy, race, and then 2 miles)

I ran 5. I've been feeling kind of blah with all the easy paced runs, so I did 4x1000m repeats. I did them at "10K pace". They sucked. But it felt nice to do a little bit of speedwork

Question for the masses. There's a 10K in a few weeks I want to do, and I'm scheduled to run 14 that weekend.  Would it best to run the 14 on Saturday and then do the 10K on Sunday, or just make the 10K part of my long run? (Like 6 miles easy, race, and then 2 miles)

If you want to maximize the potential to do well in the race:

Saturday: 4-5 easy.

Sunday: 2-3, race, 5-6

Dave

onemile

If you want to maximize the potential for misery  to do well in the race:

Saturday: 4-5 easy.

Sunday: 2-3, race, 5-6

Same thing.

MTA: for me, I think it would be a whole lot more miserable to race a 10k the day after running 14.

Dave

LRB

You've got some good options with what you and DavePPfitzJr have presented, but I would either run the 14 and scrap the race or run the race and scrap the 14.

Your normal 1 to 2 mile warmup and a like cool down for 10 miles is plenty given that 6.2 of them bitches will be at haul your ass off pace. You could also do  a 4 mile trot in the evening or run an extra mile or two during the week if you're concerned about your weekly miles.

This of course is based on my preference and body type so take that for what it's worth. If the race was Saturday I would do them both, but I wouldn't want to race on heavy legs and don't do too well when I combine speed and volume in the same session but that's just me.

LRB

Same thing.

MTA: for me, I think it would be a whole lot more miserable to race a 10k the day after running 14.

Agreed. There are people who do it but I've never been one of them.

LRB

Today was the tale of two time frames; the morning flew by but from 2:00 to 5:00 took fucking FOREVER. It was awful!

6 miles easy, race, and then 2 miles

And: only bluerun does a 6 mile warmup before a 10k.

Dave