Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies - I'll take the 5th (Read 34 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 12.3 miles with 16 x 2 min, w.2.5 min rests.  I just wanted to run them fast enough to be hard, but still able to do them all.  I did that, and got faster on the last few.  I am satisfied.  It was 61F with low humidity, and just enough cloudiness to make a colorful sky when the sun started to rise.  Winning.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Nice workout PR! Good morning crew

Legs were a bit tired this morning but decided to run some 400s. Haven’t done them all year. Kept the volume low but the recovery short ish

8mi w 6x400 1:30 Rec

Splits: 1:21, 21, 20, 20, 21, 22

Pretty happy with how these felt. They will definitely help running economy and still work your vo2max with the shorter recovery. Will add some more next week, maybe a ladder workout with some 800s but will still keep a 1:30 until closer to the next race where I will work it down to a 1:00 recovery.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and a run tonight.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Sounds like repeats are the order of the day, at least for the early runners so far.  I got in 6.7 miles total, running down to the track to do 8 x 400m repeats, then running back home.  A glorious 52 degrees this morning.  The new speed trainers felt fine on my feet at the track, but I noticed the lack of cushioning on the run back home afterwards.  The price to pay.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Cyberic

Breaking the intervals/repeats streak. Sorry guys. Run commute for me.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

KCruns...Glad the workout went well! I like the little modification you made - nice to have some variety, especially if you rolled a tough  number. It's fun to suffer with a group Smile

Pleasant...Great job on the run. It's kind of like a planned fartlek, which makes way more sense to my brain than the truly random version of a fartlek. Sounds like beautiful running weather too.

Jay...Good work on the 400s. There's something about 400s that just feel like they're the essence of the sport, in a way. I have a friend who does the number of her birthday in 400s every year. She turned 36 this year  Do you have the track to yourself for them?

Docket...Thanks for the tip on the Machs. I'll probably end up trying them because I do love the Clayton so much. I actually preferred the 1 to the 2, but they're both great in my book. Enjoy your workouts.

Fred...I love the run to the track and run home plan....perfect for a w/u and c/d. Nice job on the 400s. Are you close enough you could just carry the shoes down to the track? I've done that one before.

Nice run last night of 9 - amazing how easy it felt in the cooler temps.

Also, I'm super excited, I just got in to the Highlands Sky 40 mile for the 16th. I was 128th on the wait list when I signed up. I had bumped to 6th on the list but hadn't moved in a while. So, I emailed the RD and just asked if they'd be making one more push to get people of the list. They said no, but they appreciated my enthusiasm for the race, so they granted me an entry anyway! I know it was kind of an annoying email to send, but I'm so thankful I did! The 40 mile distance is a perfect long training run for my big race July 29th, and this way I'll get some variety and the chance to experience new trails.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

SIAR, I think I tried the first version of the Claytons and wasn't impressed but I love the 2s.  It could have also been around the time I preferred Altras instead, but since the knee surgery, Hokas are my preferred choice.  I still have a pair of Clayton 2s on the box ready for marathons but these new Machs (and the Cavus) are pretty sweet rides so I might try a marathon in one of them soon.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Fred...I love the run to the track and run home plan....perfect for a w/u and c/d. Nice job on the 400s. Are you close enough you could just carry the shoes down to the track? I've done that one before.

Also, I'm super excited, I just got in to the Highlands Sky 40 mile for the 16th. I was 128th on the wait list when I signed up. I had bumped to 6th on the list but hadn't moved in a while. So, I emailed the RD and just asked if they'd be making one more push to get people of the list. They said no, but they appreciated my enthusiasm for the race, so they granted me an entry anyway! I know it was kind of an annoying email to send, but I'm so thankful I did! The 40 mile distance is a perfect long training run for my big race July 29th, and this way I'll get some variety and the chance to experience new trails.

It's a bit less than 1.5 miles to/from the track, so I suppose carrying shoes and changing is possible.  Later this month, the track will be renovated and I'll have to run about 2 miles to the next closest track.  I may give it a try - do you carry one in each hand, or hang them around your neck, or something like that?  Yes, the proximity to the track makes for the ideal warm up and cool down runs to bookend the track work.  I'm fortunate to have two tracks within easy range.

Congrats on getting into the race.  I don't think your email was necessarily annoying (unless you worded it that way) and it sounds as if they genuinely appreciated your interest.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

LRB

Good morning!

I see what you did there. 

bluerun

Super B****

Ghost 10 is finally on sale.  Very important decision.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love them all, but the red in the last one is my favorite.

Damaris

onemile

Ghost 10 is finally on sale.  Very important decision.

I already have the top two so I would go with #3. Actually, if they are on sale I will order it!

SIAR- No track for me. I bought a wheel and measured out 400 on a back street. It’s not completely flat but oh well. It works. I agree, there’s something about 400s that feels special. Congrats on your entry!

Great workout Fred. What kind of Recovery?

Oh yeah it’s my B day today but more importantly this is my 3 year running anniversary. There was a few months right after i began where I couldn’t run due to a NRR injury but still this is my 3 year mark. Started on my b day and raced my first 5k a month later in 26:00. I was hooked 

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

One mile- crap I just bought a pair for DW a couple weeks ago. Will check them out now

onemile

SIAR- No track for me. I bought a wheel and measured out 400 on a back street. I

I just do .25 miles on the Garmin and call it good enough