Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies anyone? (Read 34 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And go

Marjorie

delicate flower

'Morning!  Thanks for starting the dailies today, Marjorie.  It's nice to see someone else pulling some weight around here for a change.

8.3 miles last night.  5 very easy miles, then 3 miles of "Holy crap this headwind is destroying me!"  Felt like 3 straight miles of uphill.  I got to the gym early this morning for 5 easy treadmill miles.

Get on the good foot, folks.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, runners!

I will be going long today - goal is 22 miles with something like 5 at HMP and 6 at MP. First, though, I have to drop the car off for a new tire and meet someone for work. That should leave me JUST enough time to run, maybe stretch, and shower before I have to get DS from school. Wish me luck!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

'Sup!

4 easy done for me, dressed like a hooker of course!  

I must say how nice the morning weather has been to run in the past two weeks (mid 30's low 40's).  I know most of the people here would disagree with that but for me it has been absolutely perfect!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Went to pick up my packet for my 5K tomorrow and then went to a local park and did paved trails and off-road trails.   I was at about my first half mile when the DJ on the radio station I was listening to said "It is now official, we have hit 90 degrees right now for today."  Really?  Did you have to tell me that right when I was starting out?  Well, even with 90 it was still a very nice run/walk.  I felt pretty good in spite of the temp - probably because the humidity and dewpoint were pretty low and there was a very nice breeze blowing.  I ended up with 3.2 miles.  And during the latter part of my run/walk my second grumbling experience came when I decided to go "exploring" on one of the natural trails connecting to the paved trail.  It ended up going farther than I thought it would, causing me to growl and mutter out loud if I was ever going to find the paved trail again, lol.  Which I finally did.  All in all, actually a quite fun and enjoyable run/walk...nice park to run in and new trails to explore, as I saw some other trails off-shooting from the one I was on.  Definitely going to do more exploring in this park.

Today is a rest day and then tomorrow I have the Helotes Beer Garden 5K, my 23rd race of 2014.  First the race and then after the miles there will be beer and bar-b-cue sandwiches, nice.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

'Sup!

I must say how nice the morning weather has been to run in the past two weeks (mid 30's low 40's).  I know most of the people here would disagree with that but for me it has been absolutely perfect!

Did you get any offers from the drivers going by?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Headwinds build character, Baboon. Oh wait...you're already quite a character.      Congrats on the miles!

Good luck with the 22, Step!

Thanks for starting us off, Marjorie!

Good luck to Kristin this weekend.  She is probably already airborne and on her way to Hawaii.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No run for me today, but I do have some way too cute pics of my son while we were at Howell Wetlands, I am so excited that he is going to be 2 years old this Sunday but sad that 2 years has already flown by. He also shows so much promise to being my future trail running buddy 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

'Sup!

I won't disagree about those weather conditions - sounds awesome to me.

I'm just trying to figure out how you run in 4-inch spike heels and fishnets.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Went to bed early but still missed the alarm (and my husband's text of his safe arrival, sheesh!)  So, SRD.  Flying out tonight to meet hubby.  We'll drive back on Sunday.  Short getaway.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! It's been busy at work the last couple of days. Booo - I guess it makes time go quickly.

I did 3 Easy miles on the TM. Tomorrow is some raucous 19 mile LR with 2 different sets of Tempo thrown in. Hopefully I crush that workout. Smile

Have a great Friday everyone.

- Andrew

outoftheblue

Baboon -- head winds just blow

Step -- 22 miles planned with speed work?  Wow, impressed.

LRB -- 30 to 40 degrees is still brrrr cold for me, but I can see where that might feel like a sauna after the winter you've had.

Scotty -- I hope you still enjoy your races this weekend despite the heat

FS -- Really adorable pictures!

D -- have fun in Nashville and good luck to you and hubby.

Brrr -- enjoy your long run tomorrow.

Zel -- Your HM is this weekend right?  How are you feeling?

I ended up doing 4 miles yesterday and was feeling bored, so I converted it into a speed workout with 25 minutes at LT pace. I'll take today off and then do my long run tomorrow. Today I'm going to be hovering over the nest hoping like crazy at least one egg hatches and all my little broody's hard work will not be for naught.

Life is good.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

2 easy + strides...

I won't be racing the 5k tomorrow unfortunately  - out of town family emergency calls... will be cheering on my team from afar.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Baboon -- head winds just blow

Step -- 22 miles planned with speed work?  Wow, impressed.

LRB -- 30 to 40 degrees is still brrrr cold for me, but I can see where that might feel like a sauna after the winter you've had.

Scotty -- I hope you still enjoy your races this weekend despite the heat

FS -- Really adorable pictures!

D -- have fun in Nashville and good luck to you and hubby.

Brrr -- enjoy your long run tomorrow.

Zel -- Your HM is this weekend right?  How are you feeling?

I ended up doing 4 miles yesterday and was feeling bored, so I converted it into a speed workout with 25 minutes at LT pace. I'll take today off and then do my long run tomorrow. Today I'm going to be hovering over the nest hoping like crazy at least one egg hatches and all my little broody's hard work will not be for naught.

Oh, thanks.  But sorry I didn't specify. This is not for a race; Nashville is in two weeks (and I cannot wait).  This weekend, we're just going to spend the weekend in Orlando.

Damaris

outoftheblue

Oops, lost track.  Have fun in Orlando!

Life is good.