Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies anyone? (Read 34 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oops, lost track.  Have fun in Orlando!

Now I'm going to have to look for a race in Orlando, thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. And I've been bitchy to people on the phone. Wonderful day so far. But hey, don't tell me it will be a week out until you can instal something. No way in hell. Funny I complained enough to the point they would lose the contract if I called the store that they can miraculously come Tuesday. Hmmm ya think?

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My city...I'm so proud...

Gallup poll: San Antonio is second-fattest city in the country - SAN ANTONIO --  It's time to get fit San Antonio. The city needs to pick up the pace to meet the goal set forth by Mayor Julian Castro's Million Pound Challenge that started in February. San Antonians have lost approximately 7,400 pounds, so far -- that translates to about 1,000 pounds per week. The goal is to reach one million pounds by November 2014, and to beat the city of Houston in getting there.  The mayor's mission with the weight challenge is to promote a healthier city and reduce the obesity rate. In a recent survey by Gallup, more than 31 percent of people in the Alamo City are obese, ranking San Antonio as the second-highest in the country among cities with more than a million people. The city of Houston is 13th on the list. http://www.kens5.com/news/San-antonio-second-fattest-city-in-country-gallup-polls-says--254665061.html

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

LRB -- 30 to 40 degrees is still brrrr cold for me, but I can see where that might feel like a sauna after the winter you've had.

If it felt anything like a sauna there would not be enough filters on RA to contain the F bombs I would be dropping.  lol

I am a cool weather runner pure and simple, I would rather race and run in 29 degrees than 59.  My ideal run temp is 39 degrees as I get extremely hot while running.  and once it starts getting into the 60's and God forbid the 70's I really dislike it.

I stand pretty much alone in that regard though as most other runners I know think I am nuts!  I just perform so much better when it is cold, there is a marked difference across the board.  My lower limit is around 25 degrees.

LRB

I'm just trying to figure out how you run in 4-inch spike heels and fishnets.

Zelanie

OOTB- Legs are feeling good after this glorious taper!  Just finished my last run before race day.  Smile  It's been a busy week and I'm actually on my way out of town for another robotics tournament- this time the state one.  Sunday is race day!  And speaking of temps, it's supposed to be 55 at the start and 65 at the finish. 

Good luck on chicken watch!

FreeSoul- Great pics!  Happy birthday to Dorian!

Hoping Happylily and family are doing well.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

2 easy + strides...

I won't be racing the 5k tomorrow unfortunately  - out of town family emergency calls... will be cheering on my team from afar.

Scratch that - 4 easy...

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Enjoy the short getaway Damaris.  Don't go all Goofy in Orlando.

Nice photos, FreeSoul.  Looks like a pretty area to do some running with your future running buddy.

Good luck with the 19 tomorrow, Andrew.

Happy long run tomorrow, outoftheblue, and good luck with the eggs.

Sorry about the family emergency, slymoon, hope everything is okay/turns out okay.

Marjorie, sometimes it takes bitchy to get it done.  You got it done, so good for you!

I am a cool weather runner pure and simple, I would rather race and run in 29 degrees than 59.  59 is STILL cold to me, LRB.    My race tomorrow starts at 9 a.m. and it will be a pleasant 68 degrees at that time, oh yeah!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I won't disagree about those weather conditions - sounds awesome to me.

I'm just trying to figure out how you run in 4-inch spike heels and fishnets.

The 'professional ladies" probably get a lot of practice in running from the police..

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Scotty, 68F IS NOT COLD!

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Rick, I think you and I might want to trade climates. You'd be right at home in this cooler weather. It is pretty nice in the summer here.

Zelanie, good luck with the HM on Sunday!

Hopefully everything is going well with Happylily's family.

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty, it's a small area.. probably only 2 miles worth of trails and maybe a mile of that on dirt/single track. Not bad for when he does start actually running with me though, nice and flat.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Rick, I think you and I might want to trade climates. You'd be right at home in this cooler weather. It is pretty nice in the summer here.

What's a summer last there?  Two weeks?  lol

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

What's a summer last there?  Two weeks?  lol

We're a place of extremes Rick. Winter lasts 5 months. Spring lasts 1 month. Summer is 4 months and Fall is 2 months. Summer is fairly hot with temps that can get in to the 90s. I actually really like the summers here. It just sucks that the winters are so long. I've really wanted to move for the past few years.

- Andrew

outoftheblue

I really hope this picture posts -- Miss Broody has her first chick!   He or she is a cutie!  There may still be more hatching, but I don't want to disturb her to see.

AppleMark

Life is good.