Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 35 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

On the topic of this:

I've got an e-mail to my coach asking about my marathon goal.  

Please report back! I'm still thinking around 3:05.

The answer is 3:05.

<3

LRB

You need to earn money to pay for those diving trips, thus go home and work. Unless you want to do like I was doing in my 20s and live off that sport by becoming an instructor or something.

Running: My knee was hurting on my commute home yesterday. Like hurting pretty much. Weird. Was still feeling it this morning, so decided not to do intervals at lunch. My commute to work this morning kinda fixed the knee, but I can still feel it sitting at my desk. I'll see on my commute back. I think it will be fine, and if so, I might do some hill work tonight. Not sprints, but cardio on hills. Or not.

I had/have knee too. Hill sprints made it feel stronger and hurt less, go figure.

LRB

On the topic of this:

The answer is 3:05.

BKA cake. 👍

Baboon

delicate flower

BKA cake. 👍

In theory.  It's my PR course from 2017, and I am faster now and have run almost 50% more miles the past seven weeks than I did leading up to 2017.  But we all know how these things can go.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

In theory.  It's my PR course from 2017, and I am faster now and have run almost 50% more miles the past seven weeks than I did leading up to 2017.  But we all know how these things can go.

Especially since you chose a marathon that's normally HOT.  But I won't be there so maybe you'll be spared.  Although it's still Summer down there in Orlando too from how much my friend bitches.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Especially since you chose a marathon that's normally HOT.  But I won't be there so maybe you'll be spared.  Although it's still Summer down there in Orlando too from how much my friend bitches.

I didn't choose it!  But when the wife wants to plan a Florida trip around this race, you go ahead and do the race.

<3

LRB

I didn't choose it!  But when the wife wants to plan a Florida trip around this race, you go ahead and do the race.

What's the field generally like, any chance for placing?

Baboon

delicate flower

What's the field generally like, any chance for placing?

The marathon is a couple thousand people.  I won't place OA, should place in my AG if I hit my goal.

<3

LRB

The marathon is a couple thousand people.  I won't place OA, should place in my AG if I hit my goal.

Aw shit. 

Cyberic

Next time I race I'll be in the 50-54 (or 50-59) AG. Exciting!!! Ok, not really.

Cyberic

I had/have knee too. Hill sprints made it feel stronger and hurt less, go figure.

Over the years, I have had  success fixing running issues with running. So what you're saying about hill sprints doesn't surprise me one bit.

On Tuesday, don't remember what discomfort I had, but I did a T workout and it disappeared!

It's a matter of not doing the type of running that will make the problem worse, but the kind of running that will fix it. Trial and error.

RunningOnSand

'Morning, muchacotacos

Mmmmm, tacos.

RunningOnSand

. My commute to work this morning kinda fixed the knee,

I think this has been my issue, but I'll back up a second. We have entered into crazy birthday season for my family, it's just nuts. To give a rundown, within 3 weeks, my family has:

-2 of my kids have birthdays

-my FIL's birthday

-my brother's birthday

-my birthday

-Thanksgiving

-Halloween

(yes, we do celebrate with both my bro (& my FIL if he / we are in town). And I realize that T-day and Halloween may be a bit further than 3 weeks apart this year, but still--IT IS MUTHERFUCKING CRAZY UP IN HERE! And because it is mf'ing crazy up in here, running has not been happening on the regular. Sad So my run was super hard this morning (both with leg turnover and with overall energy), and I think it's precisely because I haven't been running as much. Today is day #2 this week, and it will probably be the last.

And then Christmas is a month after that. And then we have 3 more birthdays in our family within the month.  Not to mention all the holiday parties, etc.

*deep breaths, deep breaths*

ETA: I realized I forgot to drop my mileage, LOL. 5 hard miles, and it was in the teens, people.  With a feels like in the single digits. It's cold. I am not in agreement with the weather.

LRB

Mmmmm, quesadillas. 

That's what I had.

DavePNW

Next time I race I'll be in the 50-54 (or 50-59) AG. Exciting!!! Ok, not really.

It should be! If you actually ever raced. 

There are still a lot of fast dudes in the 50-54 group. Of course when I say that, I mean fast relative to me, and so I’m talking about people like you. So you should be able to clean up. If you ever actually raced.

Dave