Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 35 times)

RunningOnSand

That's what I had.

I also approve of quesadillas. YUM. What was in them?

LRB

I also approve of quesadillas. YUM. What was in them?

Cheese and sofritas (It was a Chipotle joint).

LRB

It should be! If you actually ever raced. 

lol

Eric goes big or doesn't go, that requires more time between races than usual.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Talked to customer service on Brooks running site, they will not be continuing the Richocets anytime soon due to issues 🤬

I find a pair of shoes that may replace the Ravenna and they discontinue them 🤯😩🤬

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

sdWhiskers

Saw Zombieland Double Tap yesterday. I don't like scary movies and I don't like gory movies but for some reason, I like these. Thought the sequel was basically as good as the first. Also, I only end up in a movie theater ~1x/year and the 30+ minutes of commercials/previews confirmed that as the correct choice ffs.

Today's (not) awesome meeting schedule:

830-10

11-1145

1145-130

2-3

530-7

WHEN DO I DO THE ACTUAL WORK??

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Saw Zombieland Double Tap yesterday. I don't like scary movies and I don't like gory movies but for some reason, I like these. Thought the sequel was basically as good as the first. Also, I only end up in a movie theater ~1x/year and the 30+ minutes of commercials/previews confirmed that as the correct choice ffs.

830-10

11-1145

1145-130

2-3

530-7

I don't consider Zombieland scary or gory, just a light comedy, mostly.  Glad the second one was as good as the first.

Damaris

DavePNW

Oh yeah I ran today. 6 miles. The watch was fully charged, but then the Noxgear went into red-flashy mode. It's always something.

I looked more closely at the Seattle marathon course, and found one of the big hills is only a slight detour from my regular route. So I gave it a test drive. Oof. Managed it OK but of course it was just after mile 1; on the course, it's at mile 23.   It's about 130 ft gain over 0.4 miles. Then there's one that looks even worse at mile 24 which I did not try. Oy.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Cheese and sofritas (It was a Chipotle joint).

Yum again.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh yeah I ran today. 6 miles. The watch was fully charged, but then the Noxgear went into red-flashy mode. It's always something.

I looked more closely at the Seattle marathon course, and found one of the big hills is only a slight detour from my regular route. So I gave it a test drive. Oof. Managed it OK but of course it was just after mile 1; on the course, it's at mile 23.   It's about 130 ft gain over 0.4 miles. Then there's one that looks even worse at mile 24 which I did not try. Oy.

That's like an overpass incline.  And at Mile 23 is an ouch WTF.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

it's at mile 23.   It's about 130 ft gain over 0.4 miles. Then there's one that looks even worse at mile 24 which I did not try. Oy.

Yikes.

RunningOnSand

d the 30+ minutes of commercials/previews confirmed that as the correct choice ffs.

830-10

11-1145

1145-130

2-3

530-7

I like previews. The commercials, however....blah.

Your meeting schedule is insane. WOW.

Cyberic

lol

Eric goes big or doesn't go, that requires more time between races than usual.

Tried not doing that in a half this fall. Didn't like it. Disappointed with the result.

DavePNW

That's like an overpass incline.  And at Mile 23 is an ouch WTF.

It's just a regular road. The one that follows at mile 24 looks almost too extreme to be real. That one does involve a bridge, so I'm hoping the elevation chart is just showing some kind of artifact of the canal it's crossing. I may need to try out that one too.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Talked to customer service on Brooks running site, they will not be continuing the Richocets anytime soon due to issues 🤬

I find a pair of shoes that may replace the Ravenna and they discontinue them 🤯😩🤬

Maybe you can find something else to suit your fancy here ($40 running shoe sale at JackRabbit)

Baboon

delicate flower

Next time I race I'll be in the 50-54 (or 50-59) AG. Exciting!!! Ok, not really.

I'll take a peek at 50+ AG results sometimes and it gets noticeably easier for running, but not a bit easier in triathlons.  Mostly it's that bike fitness...it only seems to get stronger with age.

<3