Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

Yo.

Things have been bizarre around here weather-wise as we had single digit temps to start the week, a blizzard, then a monsoon. 

Temps are in the low 30s now but there are ice patches everywhere so Imma take it to the belt. Mostly 'cuz that's what I was going to do anyway, but also because screw that.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 5.2 miles in 52 degree rain.  It wasn't quite a monsoon, but it was hard enough to hear the flow in the ditches.  I liked it.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. In court today but at least I have my car, yay. I have my massage therapist appointment tonight to check this ache on my ITB/calf that won't go away and 4-6 miles.

Damaris

Good morning!

LR today inside, because it's windy enough outside to send small animals into the next zip code.

My wife ran a "safe" BQ on Sunday, so proud of her.  (At Disney, on a whim, without specifically marathon training.)  Revenge for her 90-degree near-miss at Buffalo has been served. 

delicate flower

Hello, my friends!    Wakey wakey!

Temps are in the low 30s now but there are ice patches everywhere so Imma take it to the belt. 

^ that.  60 minutes done.  10:00 warm up, then 4 x 10:00 with 2:00 recoveries.  6:56 avg pace on those tempo intervals.  Not bad.  I feel like I am very close to being at my top running speed, but not quite there yet.

<3

LRB

My Garmin just yelled at me to move. lol

I bought a new phone and apparently enabled fitness tracking when I paired it to the watch. It's showing 11462 steps and I haven't left the office for the field yet. This could be interesting...

Cyberic

After the cold, the snow, it rained during the night and now temps are above freezing with a strong wind. So I decided to commute to work 

Had to hop around huge puddles lakes on the street corners, on the sidewalks, ice patches covered with a film of water... lots of fun, to be repeated at 4.

Since my foot pod is kaput, and I'll get my new one Friday or early next week, either I run by GPS or by accelerometer. Today the GPS won.

Cyberic

Good morning!

LR today inside, because it's windy enough outside to send small animals into the next zip code.

My wife ran a "safe" BQ on Sunday, so proud of her.  (At Disney, on a whim, without specifically marathon training.)  Revenge for her 90-degree near-miss at Buffalo has been served. 

Congrats to Mrs Jay.

Cyberic

Good morning!

I ran 5.2 miles in 52 degree rain.  It wasn't quite a monsoon, but it was hard enough to hear the flow in the ditches.  I liked it.

Have a great day folks!

5.2 now. Getting there,

Cyberic

^ that.  60 minutes done.  10:00 warm up, then 4 x 10:00 with 2:00 recoveries.  6:56 avg pace on those tempo intervals.  Not bad.  I feel like I am very close to being at my top running speed, but not quite there yet.

That's good

Cyberic

Yo.

Things have been bizarre around here weather-wise as we had single digit temps to start the week, a blizzard, then a monsoon. 

Temps are in the low 30s now but there are ice patches everywhere so Imma take it to the belt. Mostly 'cuz that's what I was going to do anyway, but also because screw that.

delicate flower

My Garmin just yelled at me to move. lol

I bought a new phone and apparently enabled fitness tracking when I paired it to the watch. It's showing 11462 steps and I haven't left the office for the field yet. This could be interesting...

Heh....I had to turn that function off.  I finished a marathon and an hour later the watch buzzed and said "MOVE!", rudely in all caps like that too.  And I was like GFY.

<3

LRB

Heh....I had to turn that function off.  I finished a marathon and an hour later the watch buzzed and said "MOVE!", rudely in all caps like that too.  And I was like GFY.

Exactly!

An interesting thing of note though is that I can now read emails on my 630. This was of course not important to me but I found it interesting that it does it now with a new phone and update on the GC App. I could also read texts on it for awhile yesterday, but now that ability seems to be lost. I must've inadvertently changed it.

delicate flower

Exactly!

An interesting thing of note though is that I can now read emails on my 630. This was of course not important to me but I found it interesting that it does it now with a new phone and update on the GC App. I could also read texts on it for awhile yesterday, but now that ability seems to be lost. I must've inadvertently changed it.

Since you don't use a HRM, does the Recover Advisor yell at you too?  Mine does.  After my 14 mile run Sunday, it told me I needed 68 hours to recover.  LOLOLOL so the next day it buzzed a half mile into my run and said my recovery was "Poor."  

<3

LRB

Since you don't use a HRM, does the Recover Advisor yell at you too?  Mine does.  After my 14 mile run Sunday, it told me I needed 68 hours to recover.  LOLOLOL so the next day it buzzed a half mile into my run and said my recovery was "Poor."  

I think I have that function disabled completely since I've never received that particular alert. I'm probably wasting the watch all together by not using the HRM, but wearing it annoyed the hell out of me back in 2013 when I tried it for those few months. I'm okay with it though, I'm satisfied with the 630 despite that.