Beginners and Beyond

Rainy FriDAILIES (Read 23 times)

Cyberic

It's all good though as last fall I finally bought a proper rain jacket for running. Cold rain used to be the worse weather for me as I was not equipped for it.

The dailies want to know about your day now, so you know what to do

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Heading back home. At the airport where 2 hours prior to the flight might not get us to the gate in time. 

I see thousands of people that apparently don’t know about the pandemic. 🤦‍♀️

Damaris

For a change it’s actually NOT rainy here! I woke up at 1:30 AM. Probably because DW got up and started looking at her iPad, and the light woke me. So I started reading too. She said “I can’t sleep,” and then of course fell back asleep after not too long, but I was awake. And all I could think about was food. Finally around 3:15, I just got up and had breakfast. So now I’m sitting around waiting for a decent time to go run, because it still seems too early for that. 

In other fascinating news, we changed our TV service and now have YouTube TV. There’s a long boring story behind that. But I signed up, then turned on the TV to get the app on the Roku. And it was nowhere to be found. WTF. Turns out our Roku is so old (c. 2014) that it’s not compatible. So, bought a new one. Figure we got our money’s worth after 6+ years. The nice thing about the new one is that the remote has TV power & volume controls. So I believe we are actually down to a single remote, which is nice. 

Also: Falcon & Winter Soldier episode 2 tonight. 

Also also: my running group of course had cancelled all group runs. I’ve been running with a small subset of the group on Saturday mornings, usually 3-6 people. Tomorrow morning they’re doing a trial run of the full group. Not sure how many will show—there used to be up to 100 at its peak. No doubt it will be much smaller as a lot of people will still be staying away. The announcement was very clear that people need to be masking/distancing, and in general the group is a bunch of Seattle libs who have taken Covid precautions pretty seriously. I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet. 

Aren’t I chatty when I’m up early with nothing else to do.

Dave

Rest, next 2-3 weeks will likely suck... allergies, I believe maple tree to be specific

delicate flower

'Friday!  Usually before I go to bed, I set the coffee maker, so all I have to do in the morning is turn it on and go about my usual routine on autopilot.  Well last night I forgot to set the coffee, and it just totally threw me out of whack this morning.  I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on and had to think my way through every little thing.  I managed to get through that though, and got to the pool for 2600 easy yards.  It is going to be very windy today and I've got time to get my run done now before said wind arrives, but I don't feel like it so I will run later while the wind knocks me around.  rofl

<3

bluerun

Super B****

I was all excited to run in the rain -- I actually love that if it isn't freezing -- but it came as no surprise at all that the forecasters got it wrong and there was no rain this morning. It was dreary and overcast and windy, and I got lost, and dropped a VO2 max point, but hey.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

10 miles at 8:46 pace, which was nice because it felt like I was snapping out my sluggishness a bit. 

I had breakfast at 3:30, so now second breakfast will be at around 8:00...do the math, it’s going to be a shitload of calories today. 

Dave

sdWhiskers

5 miles. Clouds but no rain. I woke up at 430am and couldn't get back to sleep.

Speaking of calories, I ate my way through Jan/Feb and have been working on getting back on track. I'm down almost 5 lbs without doing anything too drastic.

Cyberic

15.2 miles. Was heading back down when I bumped into a new runner friend of mine. A nice English speaking lady. So I turned around and headed back up with her. I was in no hurry, and easy miles are not something I shy away from.

LRB

For a change it’s actually NOT rainy here! I woke up at 1:30 AM. Probably because DW got up and started looking at her iPad, and the light woke me. So I started reading too. She

I have a rather entertaining story regarding something similar that is better told than written about...

YouTube is my jam right now, mostly for videos though. Not sure if I'd ever watch TV from it. How does that work?

Do you have a running mask? Have you run in a mask?

LRB

15.2 miles. Was heading back down when I bumped into a new runner friend of mine. A nice English speaking lady. So I turned around and headed back up with her. I was in no hurry, and easy miles are not something I shy away from.

But did she invite you over for "smoothies" afterwards?? Give up the deets man! 

LRB

Heading back home. At the airport where 2 hours prior to the flight might not get us to the gate in time. 

I see thousands of people that apparently don’t know about the pandemic. 🤦‍♀️

It's like that in huge portions of my county. I literally feel like an alien whenever I'm amongst them!

LRB

5 miles. Clouds but no rain. I woke up at 430am and couldn't get back to sleep.

Speaking of calories, I ate my way through Jan/Feb and have been working on getting back on track. I'm down almost 5 lbs without doing anything too drastic.

Awesome. I've curtailed my gorging a bit to offset the lack of mileage. Using the fit of my slacks as a guide, I'm not doing bad at all. But when I look in the mirror, I see Fat Bastard staring back at me. lol

LRB

I was all excited to run in the rain -- I actually love that if it isn't freezing -- but it came as no surprise at all that the forecasters got it wrong and there was no rain this morning. It was dreary and overcast and windy, and I got lost, and dropped a VO2 max point, but hey.

Hurray for normalcy.

(ducks!)

LRB

'Friday!  Usually before I go to bed, I set the coffee maker, so all I have to do in the morning is turn it on and go about my usual routine on autopilot.  Well last night I forgot to set the coffee, and it just totally threw me out of whack this morning.  I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on and had to think my way through every little thing.  I managed to get through that though, and got to the pool for 2600 easy yards.  It is going to be very windy today and I've got time to get my run done now before said wind arrives, but I don't feel like it so I will run later while the wind knocks me around.  rofl

I totally get that. We're such creatures of habit and plus, CAFFEINE!