Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies for 9/20 (Read 37 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8.6 in the dark.  It wasn't unpleasant, and I'm glad I did it.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Woke up with a sore throat.  Hopefully it's just that I snored like a sailor (the woman wasn't there, so can't ask her), but I'm scared it might be the start of a cold. I'm gonna be drinking gallons of water today.

Ran 5.

Cyberic

Good morning!

I ran 8.6 in the dark.  It wasn't unpleasant, and I'm glad I did it.

Have a great day folks!

I'm glad you did it.

You have a kick ass day, PR

onemile

Woke up with a sore throat.  Hopefully it's just that I snored like a sailor (the woman wasn't there, so can't ask her), but I'm scared it might be the start of a cold. I'm gonna be drinking gallons of water today.

Ran 5.

You canNOT get sick before your race!

delicate flower

HIYA FELLAS!!  Masters swim done before work.  As good as I felt on my run last night, I felt the complete opposite on my swim this morning.  But I got it done.  Slowly.  Heh.  More run tonight.

<3

LRB

Ran 5.

And dilute your blood and the nutrients and minerals therein 5 days out from the race? Wonderful. Hopefully you are exaggerating.

onemile

And dilute your blood and the nutrients and minerals therein 5 days out from the race? Wonderful. Hopefully you are exaggerating.

And since when does drinking water help with a cold anyway?

Woke up with a sore throat.  Hopefully it's just that I snored like a sailor (the woman wasn't there, so can't ask her), but I'm scared it might be the start of a cold taper madness. I'm gonna be drinking gallons of water today.

Ran 5.

FYP.

8 w/5x600m.

Dave

Cyberic

Yes. I meant that I will not forget to drink plenty of water today, as I'm supposed to do every day. I will not force myself to drink gallons.

And onemile, it does not help to cure a cold, but I'd rather keep my sore throat lubricated than not. I'm sure it helps. This is something I know from experience and not from fact or science. Sore throat = drink plenty of water.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Took today off since it's my birthday and I have no wish to work today.  I am going to try 10 in a few and then Pilates tonight.  Beers with my running group and an anniversary/birthday dinner with hubby.

Cy, you CANNOT get sick now!

Damaris

LRB

Vitamin C is something I lean on during heavy training and/or taper. Not sure if it's the placebo effect or not but I've always had good results fending off the nasties.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

http://www.14news.com/story/33135543/pedestrian-killed-in-vanderburgh-co-wreck?sf36421751=1

I haven't seen her name yet, but apparently a bunch of runners I know and have ran with, have also ran with her over the years. Which means I might've known her as well.

I always assume that a driver is thinking about killing me, I never assume they will get over and if they haven't moved over by the time they are within 50 feet of me, I get off the road......... and flip them off sometimes, unless they motion that they're sorry or something, then I just thank God I am not hurt.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It was 63 degrees this morning, so I took both dogs to the trails and we ran 5.2 slow miles. I had a weird headache and my legs were definitely feeling sore and heavy...... tomorrow might be a RD.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

I always assume that a driver is thinking about killing me

+1

It takes a lot for me to run in front of a car (like at an intersection). The driver usually has to beg. And if the car is moving, even in the slightest, forget about it!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

+1

It takes a lot for me to run in front of a car (like at an intersection). The driver usually has to beg. And if the car is moving, even in the slightest, forget about it!

I don't care what they say about j walking, I will not cross at stoplights. I have seen plenty of assholes that at one moment are sitting at the light, the suddenly decide to go through it. Fuck that.

But sadly, maybe this woman felt her reflective vest was enough, and I am sure it had been for that last many years she was running. But not this time, she was running again traffic like you should, this guy was coming towards her and didn't get over. I've seen that many times, runners out here in country/rural areas just don't really budge off the road and it upsets me. It's like they assume you'll move or they don't care , luckily this is normally during the day so most cars move.

But I always have my "escape route" ready, to get off the road as quickly as possible if I have to.

PRs