Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies: The Day After (Read 18 times)

DavePNW

I was going to call it “The Day After Tuesdailies,” but then it would look like it was Wednesdailies, and potentially confuse people whose brain was fried yesterday in the New England heat, who’d think they slept for 24 hours. I hope any of those people are recovering well.

I have a 6:30 meeting and a 7:00 meeting, so I’ll try getting out for a run later. We’re getting a new roof on our house this week, one time when WFH is not a benefit. Holy shit the noise is ridiculous. Of course we could not have scheduled it when I was out of town last week.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 4 miles.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I did some speed work on the road with 3 x 1 mile at about 10k pace (I'm not really sure what my 10k pace is right now).  I haven't run that fast in a while (10k pace on the road is faster than ParkRun 5k pace on dirt) and I've lost some speed as a result, but it felt good to get back to faster running. 6.7 miles for the day.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with 5x3 min + 3x2 min.

DavePNW,  we had ours replaced about 4 years ago. Definitely noisy although maybe not as bad as the siding replacement.  That was noisy with the added bonus of bail pips everywhere.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello.  I have an SRD but may do an easy jog or spin, or maybe I won't.  I slept like garbage last night, as is usual after my marathons.  I feel wrecked this morning.

So yesterday I finished 3:08 slower than last year, but placed 1300 spots higher.  Damn,

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Hello.  I have an SRD but may do an easy jog or spin, or maybe I won't.  I slept like garbage last night, as is usual after my marathons.  I feel wrecked this morning.

So yesterday I finished 3:08 slower than last year, but placed 1300 spots higher.  Damn,

Nice!

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Baboon

delicate flower

Look at me on Boylston, passing the red bibs.  Heh.  (red bibs started at 10:00.  I started at 10:25).

<3

sdWhiskers

We’re getting a new roof on our house this week, one time when WFH is not a benefit. Holy shit the noise is ridiculous. Of course we could not have scheduled it when I was out of town last week.

We did this maybe 5-6 years ago and our roof is probably different materials than yours. But be cautious of finding roofing nails out there. Our roofers used a big magnet and walked all over the yard to get the "all the nails". However, we were (are?) still finding them years later. And by finding them, each member of my family has stepped on one that went into a shoe.

Half Crazy K 2.0

We did this maybe 5-6 years ago and our roof is probably different materials than yours. But be cautious of finding roofing nails out there. Our roofers used a big magnet and walked all over the yard to get the "all the nails". However, we were (are?) still finding them years later. And by finding them, each member of my family has stepped on one that went into a shoe.

Or worse, on the driveway by the cars.

sdWhiskers

5 miles. Another beautiful day out there.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I went out to run at 9ish. By 930 it was 70F and full blown sun, no shade. Went back and finished the last 2 on the TM. This is too early to be the third day in the 80s here.

Damaris

DavePNW

Yeah they plan to do the magnet thing, but thanks for the heads up.

Dave

DavePNW

Baboon - I feel that pic!

Dave