Beginners and Beyond

Everybody Sleeping in SunDailies? (Read 49 times)

onemile

Anybody stalking? Onemile?

I actually was tracking except then I went for my run so I couldn't check it til I got back 3 hours later

But I thought of Shorti as I was running into that headwind from the south along the lake

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi All!

Docket, sorry your cold is worse. Hope you feel better soon.

Cyber, great photos

Nice easy run this morning in beautiful fall weather (mid 50's) 

zzyzx, interesting to hear that your Apple watch is more generous than your phone. I just got one, and ran this morning with it on one wrist and my Garmin on the other. The Apple watch had me doing 6.09 miles @ 10:22 average pace, Garmin had me doing 6.02 miles @ 10:31 average pace. I'm guessing the Garmin is more accurate, but who knows. I like having a phone along in case I twist an ankle or something when I'm miles away, so I love having the watch with a cellular connection, although I do like looking at all the Garmin data later. I know I'll be using the Garmin for track workouts and races. Maybe for easy runs I'll just keep wearing both, still better than carrying a phone.

Glad to hear about the Apple Watch.  I have not bought one until they make them Miami proof (in our humidity, nothing lasts a long time, so I need to wait until they make them more waterproof) but I have been interested for a long time and wondering how accurate they are.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

3:37:06. I'll post more when I get home. Only had like a 45 second positive split so not too bad I think. Holy crap my hip flexors hate me. That marathon shit is no joke 😳

Congratulations!

Damaris

breadnatty08

Cyber, I remember that view well from when we were visiting Montreal a couple weeks ago.  Some pleasant running there.  

Shortii, congrats on the race!  Great work.  

7.3mi this afternoon nice and easy through the park.  A hair over 100mi for the week, 7:36avg pace and just under 7k ft of gain.  One of my best weeks of training.  Here's hoping it helps for Saturday's race!

Find me on Strava

Runshortii

I actually was tracking except then I went for my run so I couldn't check it til I got back 3 hours later

But I thought of Shorti as I was running into that headwind from the south along the lake

Yeah that headwind sucked, especially since it was towards the end

not lazy, just tired

Docket, they say that the Apple watch 3 is waterproof enough to swim with, so maybe it could withstand Miami humidity?

Not if it makes sense.

DavePNW

3:37:06. I'll post more when I get home. Only had like a 45 second positive split so not too bad I think. Holy crap my hip flexors hate me. That marathon shit is no joke 😳

That is truly awesome. You kicked some serious ass. Only sorry you won't have a great crash & burn death march debut story. Although we've got enough of those here to go around. And yeah, you got it - it is impossible to describe the feeling of the late miles of a marathon; you've got to experience it for yourself. Or if you're smart, not.

For me: 16 w/8 MP. Got the job done, a bit faster than actual goal pace, but it was a battle.

65 for the week. Taper time!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket, they say that the Apple watch 3 is waterproof enough to swim with, so maybe it could withstand Miami humidity?

I need to check it out.  Although lots of waterproof things don't last long here while running outside (the poor Garmin 610 comes to mind), it does help a lot when they are.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

3:37:06. I'll post more when I get home. Only had like a 45 second positive split so not too bad I think. 

I've never run that steady a marathon and I've done eight of them.  Great job, shorti!  Very impressive debut.  Your hip flexors may hurt now, but a lot more stuff will hurt tomorrow.  

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning.  Been a long and busy day.  Started the day with an unexpectedly hilly but scenic 33 mile group bike ride.  It was a very easy effort but my legs were still feeling it.  It was a fun ride, highlighted by an orchard stop at mile 25 for fresh apple donuts.  I had two.

And how 'bout those RAMS!

<3

Cyberic

45 second positive split is awesome! Great job!

Baboon

delicate flower

BTW I got FOMO'd into registering for another half marathon on Oct 28.  If you can beat the steam train (a 2:15 HM) you get a finisher's train whistle in addition to the medal.  I am not even going to tell my coach so I can train right through it.  He'll back me off and taper me to race it if I tell him about it.

<3

Cyberic

BTW I got FOMO'd into registering for another half marathon on Oct 28.  If you can beat the steam train (a 2:15 HM) you get a finisher's train whistle in addition to the medal.  I am not even going to tell my coach so I can train right through it.  He'll back me off and taper me to race it if I tell him about it.

Onemile, maybe you should try his coach Smile

Cyberic

Cyber, I remember that view well from when we were visiting Montreal a couple weeks ago.  Some pleasant running there.  

Shortii, congrats on the race!  Great work.  

7.3mi this afternoon nice and easy through the park.  A hair over 100mi for the week, 7:36avg pace and just under 7k ft of gain.  One of my best weeks of training.  Here's hoping it helps for Saturday's race!

Damn! Not used to your running volume yet.

Where else did you run in Montreal?

DavePNW

Because I have been sick, we decided to do an easy paced long run instead of the whopper workout Addie originally prescribed. So I ran 22.

That's a helluva nice pace. That took 25 minutes less time than my 22-miler last Sunday, lol. That one was particularly slow for me, but still.

Dave