Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 36 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

6 miles on the trails this morning for me and Rocky, the fog started rolling in as the sun started rising. If anybody has ever seen "The Mist", you'll know what I was thinking at some points. It was thick fog too.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

2.2 shake out send hip test. Yippee it was totally normal. Took it slow and will do my race. Take the race still a crawl but will do it as my last race.

Windy and cool out there. Will be perfect run conditions on Sunday. Upper 40s low 50s start and 60 at the finish.

Jess if you didn't see yesterday your Aunt is awesome. We had the best meal.  She came out and I got yo meet her. She wondered why you weren't here too!

Marjorie

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yo Dailies.

Happy Friday and good luck to any racers out there.

I have 6 miles tonight, 10 tomorrow, and 17 on Sunday. Two more weeks to the big taper.

have a good weekend. Smile

Ric-G

lrb - enjoy your three day weekend

MBC - too cold is reason enough sometimes

kristin - warm up!

baboon - i don't see the fashion police

oski - enjoy the massage

step - good luck on the trails

D - have a safe trip

scotty - thx for the laffs & wallbanger day

(baseball trivia - the milwaukee brewers were known as harvey's wallbangers

at one point in honor of their manager)

free - cool foggy scene

marjorie - glad you're healing up

jack - keep it up; sounds like you're on track for a great result

5 miles this AM. looking forward to a few days off. hope everyone has a great weekend!

marathon pr - 3:16

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Marjorie - Great news!

FS - Beautiful place to run!

I really enjoyed the run this morning - 15.14 miles in 2:27 (9:44 pace overall) through the wildlife refuge. Some of the ponds had a thin layer of ice etched on the top still, but it was very pleasant, and very quiet. This was the longest run I've done in a pair of NB 890s that I dug back out a few weeks ago. I had quit wearing them a couple years ago because I was afraid the more minimal cushioning and lower heel had contributed to a flare-up of PF, but I've used them several times on the trail this time around and really like them. I'm not sure how they would hold up on a harder surface, though. Not sure I'm brave enough to try them on pavement or concrete, so I'll probably stick with my Asics Cumulus there.

Today's splits:
              9:57
              9:54
              10:04
              9:41
              9:41
              10:40 (dumped rocks from my shoe)
              9:31
              9:32
              9:35
              9:34
              9:45
              9:38
              9:31
              9:33
              9:19
              .14 at 9:31

I've also decided it is getting a little too cold for an icy smoothie as a recovery drink. Next time I will experiment with something warm - I'm thinking I could blend together either pumpkin or homemade applesauce, with a banana, some almond milk, protein powder and cinnamon, then warm it up for the effect of drinking hot apple or pumpkin pie. I'll let you know how the experiment goes!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Just B.S.

Great run Shari!

For me 1,200 done in the pool this morning. I took 2 months off swimming while marathon training

and travelling to Ireland so it feels great to be back at it again, especially the relaxing in the hot tub

afterward part.Big grin

7 easy miles later today.

Just B.S.

Nothing to see here folks (damn double post)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Beautiful, but creepy..expect to see the Headless Horseman riding out of the fog at any moment....

Smile

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Or that monster she has posted on the Thoughts thread.

Damaris

LRB

I'm thinking I could blend together either pumpkin or homemade applesauce, with a banana, some almond milk, protein powder and cinnamon, then warm it up for the effect of drinking hot apple or pumpkin pie.

Talk dirty to me baby.  :-p  Nice run, 15 miles was my favorite distance to run long my second year.

Free that is a really nice pic!

Scotty, wouldn't a headless horsemen be an oxymoron?  lol

Jack, any speed work this weekend?

Beth, you would make a great swim teacher for me.

Wassup everyone else!

Welp, I just inhaled a burger and cole slaw at Fuddruckers in two seconds and I am still hungry.  Time to head to another restaurant for a snack!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I assume it was a veggie burger?

I am on my way but I stopped for lunch.  Bangers & Mash.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Enjoy the 5K with your son tomorrow, Step!   Wildlife refuge, sounds like a nice place to run.

Safe trip, Damaris!  What's in Sarasota?  Besides the race track.

Congrats on your 6 miles, FreeSoul.  And no water around for Rocky to fall in.

Enjoy your race, Marjorie...glad the hip is behaving.

Dang, Jack, you are becoming a distance machine!

Have a great weekend yourself, Ric!  I've been so busy at work today putting out "need it now" fires that I actually forgot Monday was veteran's day, lol, and I'm off that day, so I have a 3-day weekend.  Nice.

Swimming and running...training for a duathlon next, Beth?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Enjoy the 5K with your son tomorrow, Step!   Wildlife refuge, sounds like a nice place to run.

Safe trip, Damaris!  What's in Sarasota?  Besides the race track.

Congrats on your 6 miles, FreeSoul.  And no water around for Rocky to fall in.

Enjoy your race, Marjorie...glad the hip is behaving.

Dang, Jack, you are becoming a distance machine!

Have a great weekend yourself, Ric!  I've been so busy at work today putting out "need it now" fires that I actually forgot Monday was veteran's day, lol, and I'm off that day, so I have a 3-day weekend.  Nice.

Never been there. I'll let you know when I get there.

Damaris

Just B.S.

Been there done that Scotty my man!!

Did 9 of those starting in  2008 before finally getting my ass to the pool this year for reals

so I could be a triathlete!Big grin

Beth, you would make a great swim teacher for me.  

Why yes I would!LOL FYI, my students are required to wear wear those teeny tiny Speedos

not those long tri-trunks.