Beginners and Beyond

Chillin' Weekend Penguins (Read 24 times)

GinnyinPA

Z - definitely a PR, as I've only run one other 10k.  I don't race much.  Actually the first part of today's race is sort of a 5k PR, according to my watch. My 5k PR was from a race in May 2013 was 27:06, which was an 8:42 average.  I haven't done a 5k since.

sapf - good luck racing on that ankle.  Taking it easy is definitely a good idea.  And yes, it will be a PR, which has the added advantage that you know you'll probably be able to beat it next time.  The only 5 mile race I've done was like that since it was really hilly and I ended up walking the steep bits (and trashing my legs flying down the hills).  Same with my only half.  Knowing what to expect will also make it easier.

obiebyke

Ginny, that's awesome! FAST!

I'm psyched: I just did C25K W5D3, which is the dreaded 20 minute continuous run. Nailed it. No pain. And in shorts and a t-shirt, I was a bit too warm--in Minnesota in late October! I'm a happy camper. Now, don't anyone burst my bubble with any global warming talk. Wink

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

tracilynn

Congrats Ginny!  Awesome run and nice splits. Fasty!

I did 13.1 miles with team TJ today. I decided at the last minute to upgrade my 5k to the Half since they were going to take lots of breaks.  It was so much fun!  My long run is only up to 6miles so I was really nervous about it. Legs are a little sore. I've been rolling them. Hopefully I will be able to walk tomorrow 

~~~~~~~

Traci

Robert31320

Team TJ

This was my most awesome day running since I started!!!  Glad you upgraded and it was an absolute pleasure running you first HM with you.

I will ill writing a full report soon.

Congrats Ginny!  Awesome run and nice splits. Fasty!

I did 13.1 miles with team TJ today. I decided at the last minute to upgrade my 5k to the Half since they were going to take lots of breaks.  It was so much fun!  My long run is only up to 6miles so I was really nervous about it. Legs are a little sore. I've been rolling them. Hopefully I will be able to walk tomorrow 

Running for TJ because he can't.

PADRunner

Congrats ginny & traci!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Scotty, that was so nice to help the young girl.  Should be a great RR.

Take care of the shin Brill.  Enjoy the new club.

You are speedy Ginny.  Congrats.

Congrats Team TJ. Traci, that was fantastic that you did the whole HM.

Good luck sapf.

Nice run, OB.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, guys. RRs for sure!

Damaris

hog4life

Ginny, congrats on the PR and Masters win. Your splits were nice.

It was the most amazing day yesterday with Team TJ. If you are not on the FB page, you should be. There are a whole bunch of wonderful pics that you should see. Congrats to Traci, I have corrupted her yet again (remember last year's 15k?). I hope your legs are okay today.

I did not go on the early morning long run like planned. It felt good to sleep in till 6:30, thanks to Bella. We will run a little later this afternoon.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

My friend did amazing!  57:26 - her A goal was sub 1 hour :-)  I let her cross the finish line 1 second before me so that she can say she's beat me at a race.  What a beautiful day for a race - the weather was perfect.  We started at the very back of the pack to let people spread out a bit.  It was pretty easy to stick together, despite being a reasonably large race (5522 people).  DH ran with us for the first 3.5 miles and then ran off by himself.

Traci - congrats on the first HM!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

GInny: way to go on the 10k! Great time and super nice improvement. Smile

Robert, Traici, hog, JBJ: Awesome pics on the FB page. It looks like you guys all had a great time. Traci, I hope your legs are feeling good and you stick with it.

As for me, 8 miles done at an 8:43 pace. 29.7 miles this week, my highest total in many weeks. I'm happy with that.

Have a nice day and enjoy.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to Team TJ.  I hope there will be a race report.

Traci - can't imagine doing the spur of the moment upgrade.  Good job finishing.  How's your foot?

sapf - how did your ankle hold up for the race?  Good job pacing your friend.

obie - hurray for getting past the dreaded 20 minute run.  It is easier second (and third) time around because you know your body CAN do it.  And it's so much easier when you don't have to keep your eye on your watch (or listen for beeps). Indian summer here too.  I love it.

Mitch - have a good run with Bella.  How far can she run?

Jack - I'm so glad you're back in the groove again and, hopefully, pain free.

AFM:  beautiful day here, so I'll do a short recovery run later (body was a bit sore this morning) and then mow the lawn.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

You're a nice pacer sapf.. Congratsd to your friend.

Jack is BACK !!!

Love the race Mitch.  Now I wish I had been there.

Enjoy the run and mow, Ginny.  Maybe you can combine them.

6.5 for us at 9:58 pace  .    Quick recovery from last Sunday HM.  16 miles for the week and good start to 3/4 Marathon training (????)

Have a great rest of weekend.

tracilynn

Mitch, you're funny but I admit I did scroll through the Huntsville Half registration this morning. Its 2 weeks away!  Hmmmm.  Haha

My foot and shins feel good. I slept in my PF boot and sleeves last night. The only things sore today are my hip flexors.  I'm gonna walk later and hope that will help. It prob means my glutes are weak?

We finished the Half in 3:03. Stopped at every mile marker sign and took pictures and walked some hills (they were hills to me not Mitch -ha).

My next goal is to run (slowly) the whole half. I Have work to do.

It was a great experience!  Can't really put into words!

Look me up on Facebook to see some pics. My Facebook email is imtracilynn@gmail.com. And I will add you to the team TJ GROUP

~~~~~~~

Traci

PADRunner

12 warm miles done. I don't think there's any way I am going to be able to run 26.2

I need to get with everyone on FB.

hog4life

Ginny, Bella is up to 8.5 so far. She really needs some cooler weather to do much more. I always Cary water for her, and she's pretty good about letting me know when she's had enough. I have also learned to "read" her a little.

Traci, I'm doing the Huntsville Half and plan to run a little harder if I can. If you decide to, I'll come back to help you finish, just let me know. I'm very happy for you that it wasn't a bad experience, and I'm even more happy that nothing is hurting too badly today..  I think we took just the right amount of walk breaks for everyone. It was the most fun ever! Thanks again for dinner.

I can't believe it's up to 80 degrees today, so I'll have to run later.