Beginners and Beyond

Why hello, it's the Sundailies! (Read 35 times)

LRB

I blew up my mile3 of my 10k so I decided then to switch to the 5k instead of turning to do the extra 3 miles because what's the point.

Oof.

LRB

I have  two-loop.10k later this summer and it is always the hardest thing to not run through the chute that first pass. The conditions are ALWAYS miserable so that never helps but so far, I've been able to stagger on and complete the second loop three years running.

Cyberic

I blew up my mile3 of my 10k so I decided then to switch to the 5k instead of turning to do the extra 3 miles because what's the point.

You don't seem to be in a great running state of mind lately. If I'm correct, then why put yourself through the pressure of racing? You need to be mentally tough to hold pace for a 10K.  I know I would miserably fail in a race these days.

onemile

You don't seem to be in a great running state of mind lately. If I'm correct, then why put yourself through the pressure of racing? You need to be mentally tough to hold pace for a 10K.  I know I would miserably fail in a race these days.

I wouldn't say it's the state of mine or an issue of mental toughness. I physically have not been feeling good lately. Tight and sore legs for every single run and a hard time getting them to move fast. Even during my warm up today my legs were very tight and sore and I haven't even been running much lately.

But regardless, I am done.

LRB

I wouldn't say it's the state of mine or an issue of mental toughness. I physically have not been feeling good lately. Tight and sore legs for every single run and a hard time getting them to move fast. Even during my warm up today my legs were very tight and sore and I haven't even been running much lately.

Your upcoming break will do wonders for you, after which you can focus on the good stuff.

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles with 3 miles of intervals. First was 1.5 min hard, 1:30 recover, second mile was 1 min hard, 1 recover and 3rd was 30 seconds hard, 30 seconds recover.

Bluerun, ouch.

Onemile, that sucks. If it was warm, a 10k just seems brutal. Last year I did a 2 loop 5k in near 100% humidity. It took everything I had not to just go to my car after loop 1.

DavePNW

Baboon: nice run.

bluerun: been there, done that, got the (blood-stained) t-shirt.

onemile: Sad I have no useful advice, as usual. Hope you break out of whatever you're in. Maybe drop the mileage for a while. Maybe just go out and run a half, you always destroy those things. Or possibly start triathlon training, that seems to work for some people.

For me: 16 miles, 56 for the week. Both highest since pre-marathon taper.

Dave

Cyberic

Is the training too much? You've been training per coach's orders lately... is it too much? Those Hal Higdon plans can be tough Wink

Cyberic

For me: 16 miles, 56 for the week. Both highest since pre-marathon taper.

I'm glad everything is going so well for you lately, Dave. You're in a good stretch right now, and it's really cool.

Cyberic

Your upcoming break will do wonders for you, after which you can focus on the good stuff.

What is this good stuff you're talking about? I want to know what to focus on, too!

Baboon

delicate flower

Sorry.  Sad

Bluerun, ouch!!  That looks like it stings.

So after my run, I got "dragged" to the lake kicking and screaming and so I did 2000 easy yards.  Then I had banana, raisin, and walnut pancakes.  Then I sat in the hot tub for a half hour, and I've had about a liter of coffee today.   Happy 44th Birthday to me!  Been a good day.    #attentionhoar

<3

workinprogress11

So after my run, I got "dragged" to the lake kicking and screaming and so I did 2000 easy yards.  Then I had banana, raisin, and walnut pancakes.  Then I sat in the hot tub for a half hour, and I've had about a liter of coffee today.   Happy 44th Birthday to me!  Been a good day.    #attentionhoar

Happy birthday!

5 miles for me. The concert last night was pretty good. It's an outdoor amphitheater and we had lawn seats which I really liked because I could stand, sit, lay down, etc...  Tesla was just meh, but REO and Def Leppard were great and seemed to be enjoying themselves. BIL got drunk, made friends with two random dudes and spent most of the night dancing next to them. I'm sure my sister was thrilled to deal with him when they got home.

Snack report....she brought pepperoni, salami, two kinds of cheese, crackers and cherries. Yum!

LRB

BIL got drunk, made friends with two random dudes and spent most of the night dancing next to them. I'm sure my sister was thrilled to deal with him when they got home.

Hilarious!  lmao

DavePNW

BIL got drunk, made friends with two random dudes and spent most of the night dancing next to them. 

HBD, Baboon!

Dave

LRB

What, you never danced next to two random dudes? lol