Beginners and Beyond

ThursDailies (Read 35 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Good morning.

Nice race report, Damaris.

Congrats, Blu.

Five miles this morning, but on short sleep, so it felt harder than it should have.  Just need to get my rest.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks!

I have an RD, so Pilates and weights tonight.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 14.2 miles as easy as I could make myself jog.  Well, other than the big hills, which I just can't make easy.  Cumulative fatigue has a hold on me, and I'm thinking tomorrow might be just an easy hour of riding.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

RD for me. Always sounds like fun but I sleep in, rush around, and get stressed out lol

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

bluerun

Super B****

Thanks

Five miles this morning, but on short sleep, so it felt harder than it should have.  Just need to get my rest.

You and me both.  15 trainer miles, planning to climb tonight if I don't pass out from exhaustion first...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Hello, my internet friends!  2600 yard swim done.  Got a bike workout tonight and it's about time we got some beautiful bike weather.  80 and sunny kind of sucks for running, but it sure is great for riding.  I've got a new racing kit from my triathlon club, so I am looking forward to trying that out tonight to make sure it's all comfy so I can wear it in my race next weekend.  werd

"Spirit in the Sky" by Normal Greenbaum in the elevator today.  I wanted to stay on the elevator until the song was over.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Happy Thursday all! Had a nice group run last night, other than getting there and realizing I didn't have running shoes  I did have a long-retired, two size too small pair in my car though, so they did they trick for 6 miles.

Tonight is the run to the trail, run the trail, run home run night...kinda looking forward to that.

Fred...the rest is important, no doubt! Good work getting through the 5 though.

Docket...enjoy the RD and other non-resting activities.

Pleasant...I agree, it's pretty impossible to make a hill feel easy. Nice distance today!

Jay..hope the rest day gets more relaxing. I could barely getting up this morning after staying up to watch the putrid Cavs performance.

Blue..Good work on the 5k and then the long trainer miles.

Baboon...Probably smart to try the new kit out. I'll pull a new singlet for race day without even thinking about it, but I'm sure the triathlon outfit has a whole lot more potential pitfalls (or so it would seem). And yeah, good elevator music there!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

bluerun

Super B****

Would someone please explain why it is so hard to find mid-rise or high-rise compression shorts??  I love CW-X, but I do not like feeling like a stuffed sausage, and regular waistbands always have that effect on me.  I can't go up a size because that would defeat the purpose of wearing compression shorts.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Baboon...Probably smart to try the new kit out. I'll pull a new singlet for race day without even thinking about it, but I'm sure the triathlon outfit has a whole lot more potential pitfalls (or so it would seem). And yeah, good elevator music there!

The main concern is chafing, and making sure the shorts are kind to the undercarriage.  When my club announced the order, I requested they offer a higher end pair of shorts and they obliged.  Cheap shorts can be ok for a shorter race, but not a half or full iron.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Question for the group, a follow up from earlier this week. If your 5k predicts much faster times than you have run for longer distances, is it still useful for setting training paces (mainly for a half)? My last 5k predicts a marathon pace faster than any half I have run in the last 2 years.

onemile

Question for the group, a follow up from earlier this week. If your 5k predicts much faster times than you have run for longer distances, is it still useful for setting training paces (mainly for a half)? My last 5k predicts a marathon pace faster than any half I have run in the last 2 years.

Train at the paces indicated by your fastest race, yes! (as long as it is recent)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Train at the paces indicated by your fastest race, yes! (as long as it is recent)

+1

Damaris

delicate flower

+2

Speaking of races, I've got a marathon in a month (Anchorage).  I've been so focused on my 70.3 that the marathon kind of snuck up on me.  I've still got time for a couple of 20 milers.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

The reading I've done suggests doing speed work based on the 5k pace, but consider using your goal pace for tempo/pace runs (and base long runs off your goal pace).  If your goal pace is based on your 5k, there's no issue, but if your goal is a bit slower then doing all your training faster than your goal pace could be counter productive.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

+3

That gives you a more accurate and valid value for Daniels' VDOT and VO2Max and LT paces.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.