Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: DST is winning (Read 22 times)

LRB

I haven't run at all this week. Last night I was wide awake from 2:00 till 5:00 and then when I woke up again at 6:30 felt like I'd been run over by a truck.

I'm starting to think I need to take the week of the spring time change off as it kills me every stupid year.

My brain thought the time change went in the opposite direction, so I woke up at 4:00. OK then. I just got up and had breakfast, and ran at the usual time. 

32 degrees. 9 miles with 2x2k(2 min) + 2x1k(1 min) + 2x400. A rough start, but a strong finish. I’ll take what I can get; just glad I’m not racing any time soon.  

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I finally did something this morning after nothing the past 2 days. 2 on the treadmill plus strength training. The past 2 days we've been moving my MIL into an apartment and have been exhausting. My sleep has been messed up due to DSL and all the damn stress.

A few years ago I tried adjusting my wake up time in the morning about a month before DSL. I think I was using 5 or 10 minute increments and getting up a little earlier every few days. It's didn't do shit. I figured out with this extended period of working from home that my morning issues aren't really a morning issue but a dark issue. If it's light out, I'm mostly ok waking up early. Dark, forget it. So 6am feels reasonable in summer and not so much right now. Same at night. Once it's dark, I get sleepy.

I haven't run at all this week. Last night I was wide awake from 2:00 till 5:00 and then when I woke up again at 6:30 felt like I'd been run over by a truck.

I'm starting to think I need to take the week of the spring time change off as it kills me every stupid year.

I resemble that remark

Off, had a few ‘cramping onset’ events last night starting 12:30, not full cramps but very strong.  Again different location than all the previous ones; up high in the beefy part of the of the back of the legs slightly towards the inside (adductor magnus?).

oh well, see what tomorrow brings

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 7 and maybe weights.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

RD for me today.  Tomorrow is the first day I'll be trying to get up early since DST started, so we'll see how that goes...

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

delicate flower

Yo!  I had an easy-ish 90 minute bike workout early this morning.  Interval run on tap this afternoon.  Get some!!

<3

sdWhiskers

6 miles with the Mona. I started the workout on my watch but then thought I didn't so hit the lap button again...and skipped the first fast interval, oops  I should have just stopped and re-started the whole thing but got flustered. Oh well.

Saw 2 WTF things on my run. First, a lady blew through a 4 way stop going like 45 mph. I yelled and she just waved. Second, saw a man using napkins to dry off his car , parked illegally on the side of the road. He was then throwing the napkins on the ground. Ughhh.

Why exactly did the car need to be dried off? 

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Why exactly did the car need to be dried off? 

Condensation on windows? But then he should have done that before he ever started driving

LRB

I finally did something this morning after nothing the past 2 days. 2 on the treadmill plus strength training. The past 2 days we've been moving my MIL into an apartment and have been exhausting. My sleep has been messed up due to DSL and all the damn stress.

A few years ago I tried adjusting my wake up time in the morning about a month before DSL. I think I was using 5 or 10 minute increments and getting up a little earlier every few days. It's didn't do shit. I figured out with this extended period of working from home that my morning issues aren't really a morning issue but a dark issue. If it's light out, I'm mostly ok waking up early. Dark, forget it. So 6am feels reasonable in summer and not so much right now. Same at night. Once it's dark, I get sleepy.

That's interesting.

I am mostly fine on Sunday of the time change but then it all goes to shit the following days and weeks. Someone had noted here the other day (I think it was DavePDST) that without daylight saving time it would be daylight before 5:00am in some cases during the summer, which would be a waste. But on the other hand, we've never tried it en masse during the modern era so there's nothing to compare it to.

sdWhiskers

Condensation on windows? But then he should have done that before he ever started driving

It seemed like condensation. But that was the weird part....he was drying off the top of the trunk when I ran by...

sdWhiskers

I am mostly fine on Sunday of the time change but then it all goes to shit the following days and weeks. 

+1

Had a meeting with a colleague in Japan yesterday who was asking me all these questions about changing the clocks. It's also crazy weird to him that we have different times within the same country (Japan is entirely in one time zone).

+1

Had a meeting with a colleague in Japan yesterday who was asking me all these questions about changing the clocks. It's also crazy weird to him that we have different times within the same country (Japan is entirely in one time zone).

Japan's a whole lot smaller! Russia has a shitload of time zones. (MTA: they have 11.)

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

That's interesting.

I am mostly fine on Sunday of the time change but then it all goes to shit the following days and weeks. Someone had noted here the other day (I think it was DavePDST) that without daylight saving time it would be daylight before 5:00am in some cases during the summer, which would be a waste. But on the other hand, we've never tried it en masse during the modern era so there's nothing to compare it to.

Yea, it would be full on sunrise at 4:30-sih here in June without DST. It starts getting light just after 5am with sunrise around 5:40am, so what used to be my usual wake up time for work didn't seem as terrible.