Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Bird Day Dailies (Read 34 times)

LRB

What I saw when I was in the USA, was pizza that you could hold with one hand and the crust was strong enough to keep the slice straight

We call that wood. lol You got a bad draw.

Runshortii

43:54. New official PR and over a minute faster than last years time. 5th female and 2nd in AG (its a pretty competitive race so I’ll take it). First half I was under 7:00 but the 20 mph headwind killed me on the way back, but I was still passing people so it’s all good

DavePNW

What exactly is American pizza? 

The pizza that Cyberic had one time in the US.

Dave

DavePNW

What you call Canadian Bacon is called ham here.

In the English speaking parts of Canada, it's called back bacon.

Dave

DavePNW

43:54. New official PR and over a minute faster than last years time. 5th female and 2nd in AG (its a pretty competitive race so I’ll take it). First half I was under 7:00 but the 20 mph headwind killed me on the way back, but I was still passing people so it’s all good

Way to go!! I think I guessed something sub-44.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, runshortii!!

Damaris

zzyzx

Not too bad of a 10k. Outside of the wind, it was a stunning day. I decided to run in PJ's as per the race runners' request. It was kind of fun in its own way. It's funny how I noticed the uphill against the wind part but the downhill and wind at my back parts were just running. I finished a minute faster than I did last year but I was 5th in my age group then and 11th this year which is odd. 53:04 with a bit of a reverse split isn't too bad at all. I've slowed down off of my fast days of 3 years ago but I've plateaued from my losses since.

RunningOnSand

See? The wind, I tell you. THE WIND!!!

i grew up in Europe so my preference is a wood fire pizza. But obviously I don’t discriminate too much.

Runshortii

See? The wind, I tell you. THE WIND!!!

i grew up in Europe so my preference is a wood fire pizza. But obviously I don’t discriminate too much.

Ironically it wasn’t even off the lake, it was out of the south. Go figure

Cyberic

Excellent!

Cyberic

Lots of European style pizzas in Montreal. Very thin crust. I like them too. Different, is all.

Many of the better pizza places use wood pizza ovens. Not just for European style pizzas, though.

As for ham being called Canadian bacon or back bacon... Canada is a big country, and I don't know what the do out West.

And we have turkey, too (back to topic)!

Cyberic

We call that wood. lol You got a bad draw.

I was in Martha's Vineyard (IIRC). In a fast food joint.

DavePNW

As for ham being called Canadian bacon or back bacon... Canada is a big country, and I don't know what the do out West.

Well Bob & Doug McKenzie called it back bacon, and they pretty much represent Canada.

Dave

DavePNW

Well speaking of bacon, the Bears defense saved their bacon yet again. Along with Matt Stafford's strong tendency to throw to the wrong color jersey.

Dave

DavePNW

Where did you grow up?

Most of the pizza I've had in Europe falls within the realm of what you can get here, except it's more often eaten with a knife & fork.

Dave