Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES! (Read 41 times)

DavePNW

It's always fun until it's your own training. I'm going to register for Newport very soon I think. But I have no idea how I want to train for it.

Ooh, exciting! I guess you better decide on training soon. I am looking at Tacoma, a month sooner, and I still haven't decided on training. So far I am banking on the fact that I have been training pretty well already, so won't necessarily need a full 18-week plan. (Which I would've had to start already.)

Dave

onemile

Also an 8x800, and 5x1600. 

At what pace? 10k?

DavePNW

At what pace? 10k?

As if. 5k. The 1600's at least specify 800 recoveries, but still. This is the 16/80 I sent you.

Dave

onemile

As if. 5k. The 1600's at least specify 800 recoveries, but still. This is the 16/80 I sent you.

ahahahaha. You should really do this plan. 

I don't even think I could... and definitely not in an 80 mile week.

Baboon

delicate flower

I may have just eaten too many dark chocolate M&M's.  

<3

LRB

I may have just eaten too many dark chocolate M&M's.  

GASP! You, Sir Iron Skillet Stomach?

Baboon

delicate flower

GASP! You, Sir Iron Skillet Stomach?

No, my stomach is sensitive and easily upset.  That's why my wife calls me "delicate flower."

<3

LRB

No, my stomach is sensitive and easily upset.  That's why my wife calls me "delicate flower."

Oh. You could've knocked me over with a feather what with all the yumminess you eat.

onemile

I've got that stupid yoga class tonight where I'll look and feel like a complete moron! But for the love of this sport, I am willing to step outside of my comfort zone and try something different.

How are those 5 milers feeling?

DavePNW

ahahahaha. You should really do this plan. 

I don't even think I could... and definitely not in an 80 mile week.

The 8x800...maybe. The 5x1600...nofuckingway. That's almost like doing the 6x1 strength workout, but instead of at MP-10sec, at 5k. Redonkulous.

I am still half-tempted to give this thing a whirl and just back off where needed. But the other issue is that I would still like to fit some races in. And that would be just too much.

Dave

LRB

How are those 5 milers feeling?

Like sprints FFS, I forgot how to breathe of all things! It's getting better but for awhile there my breathing was shallow and completely out of rhythm. It's the weirdest shit ever, like, how does that even happen. Either that or I'm just fat and out of shape. lol

On the injury front, my adductor doesn't bother me when I'm running, but I still get stingers at other times of the day like when making a sudden stop and redirection while walking, so I'm not healed.

The biggest issue continues to be my hip flexor and quad, where it feels like a tornequet is on my thigh. I suspect it's a result of muscle atrophy from those four weeks of inactivity, but honestly, I don't know what's causing it. It's getting better but is frustrating because I don't even know why it's an issue.

onemile

The 8x800...maybe. The 5x1600...nofuckingway. That's almost like doing the 6x1 strength workout, but instead of at MP-10sec, at 5k. Redonkulous.

I am still half-tempted to give this thing a whirl and just back off where needed. But the other issue is that I would still like to fit some races in. And that would be just too much.

I actually accidently did 8x800's once when I was doing the Hansons plan.  By mistake.   But yeah, I would die trying to do the 5x1600.

What distances for the races?

onemile

Like sprints FFS, I forgot how to breathe of all things! It's getting better but for awhile there my breathing was shallow and completely out of rhythm. It's the weirdest shit ever, like, how does that even happen. Either that or I'm just fat and out of shape. lol

On the injury front, my adductor doesn't bother me when I'm running, but I still get stingers at other times of the day like when making a sudden stop and redirection while walking, so I'm not healed.

The biggest issue continues to be my hip flexor and quad, where it feels like a tornequet is on my thigh. I suspect it's a result of muscle atrophy from those four weeks of inactivity, but honestly, I don't know what's causing it. It's getting better but is frustrating because I don't even know why it's an issue.

You are a n00b runner again!

Actually, I think this all sounds good and normal for returning after an injury (except the breathing, wtf is that?) and hopefully will continue to improve.

DavePNW

I actually accidently did 8x800's once when I was doing the Hansons plan.  By mistake.   But yeah, I would die trying to do the 5x1600.

What distances for the races?

1-2 10k's & 1-2 HM's.

Dave

Cyberic

Also an 8x800, and 5x1600. 

At 5K speed? When I run at 5K speed, it ususally totals about 5K, or less. I'm pretty sure I would not be able to do another SOS run 2 days after a 5x1600 at 5K pace. And if I did, it would beat me up too much.