Beginners and Beyond

Labor DAILIES (or Labour depending on your persuasion) (Read 42 times)

LRB

There is a time of day when it's NOT too hot?

For those of us who do not live in Hell, yes. For those that do, you should've thought twice before you did whatever it was you did to land there. lol

No more marathons

Huh.  Go figure.  6.4 miles in one of my better paced runs in some time.

I know, easy runs are supposed to be easy - but FTS.  Go when you can.

MTA:  61 degrees helped a bit..

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

For those of us who do not live in Hell, yes. For those that do, you should've thought twice before you did whatever it was you did to land there. lol

That's why I moved after 23  24 years in Tampa.  Too damn hot.

He's a leaker!

LRB

I need to get out of bed and do stuff at some point. But I don't have to work, it's not gonna get super hot today so no real rush on the recovery run, and I have this warm cat insisting on snuggling in my arms, so here we are.

It's coming...

LRB

That's why I moved after 23 years in Tampa.  Too damn hot.

There are thousands of Michiganders who migrate there. I took one visit and laughed out loud at the thought. lol

onemile

LRB

Looks like it was a decent run, as those things go.

No more marathons

There are thousands of Michiganders who migrate there. I took one visit and laughed out loud at the thought. lol

I'm the classic half-back.  24 years in PA, 24 years in FL, and then moved half-way back to the hills of NC.

He's a leaker!

LRB

'Morning!  Slept in then went for a little 4 mile jog, concluding today's exercise.  I think I'll head on over to the nearest Harbux to get a five shot Americano.

WOW, I've got 30 miles to run this week!  Plus swims and bike rides.

So is your triathlon training perpetual, despite there being no IM on the schedule?

LRB

Nice way to begin taper. Your easy pace seems unaffected by your foot.

LRB

No running for me today, got in a good 5.2 miles on the trails last night with the dogs.

I've got a family get together this afternoon.

Are you a ribs or burger girl?

LRB

9 done this morning.  I took a rest day yesterday, thereby not fulfilling my mileage for last week's miles game.  It was worth it.

Is your team in the running for the crown? I think the two years I played, I brought bad luck to my teams. lol

Cyberic

Nice way to begin taper. Your easy pace seems unaffected by your foot.

I have this bump/bruise on top of my right foot. Hurt like hell Tuesday and Wednesday, probably because I had tightly laced shoes on Tuesday's workout, that were putting pressure on the bruise (or inflammation), and it hurt like hell. I thought I was going to DNS at some time. Right now I wear my right shoe so loose it's ridiculous, but there's 0 pressure on the bump/bruise, and slowly the pain is subsiding. I can still feel it, especially when I'm turning left, but I'm thinking if I don't hurt it more and it keeps improving, I should be ok to race this thing.

This morning, I forgot about the foot in about 80% of the run, so yeah, it's good enough not to affect my pace too much.

bluerun

Super B****

Today is my Hebrew birthday.  There's a parade in my honor!  (Okay, it's the West Indian Caribbean Day parade.  Same difference.)

10.54 -- a little warm up, 5K race, 10K race.  No PRs were had, though I ran both faster than this race last year, despite that stupid headwind courtesy of Hermine. Two first place AG awards to show for it (fifth and fourth OA female, respectively.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I've been to Hell (Michigan that is) and loved running there.

My brother and his partner have a  summer house i think on or near Sanibel Island. I can't wait to visit it. I've only ever run once in Florida. Kissimmee. Only 5k training run and the weather was fine that day.

Lots of Canadians are snowbirds as well.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**