Beginners and Beyond

Labor DAILIES (or Labour depending on your persuasion) (Read 42 times)

Zelanie

FE with Zel?

Absolutely!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good afternoon!

I ran 8.1 this morning.  It was a good run, and I thanked the Running Gods.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

I bought some arm sleeves and gloves today. It's 86 degrees outside.

From the Internet.

HOLY CRAP. YOU GUYS. I have less than 3 weeks until taper!! D: D: D: SO SOON I'M NOT READY

LRB

HOLY CRAP. YOU GUYS. I have less than 3 weeks until I lose my fucking mind!! D: D: D: SO SOON I'M NOT READY

Sounds about right.

From the Internet.

Sounds about right.

What will I do with my extra time and energy? How will I justify all the extra junk I like to eat??

LRB

What will I do with my extra time and energy? How will I justify all the extra junk I like to eat??

Well, to be fair, taper madness is not a given. I for instance, have never had it. But I am a certified oddball, so you most likely will. In which case, you are going to drive us bonkers. lol

onemile

Well, to be fair, taper madness is not a given. I for instance, have never had it. But I am a certified oddball, so you most likely will. In which case, you are going to drive us bonkers. lol

I never taper enough to get 'madness' I am always running more than I want to be running during taper. I think most people taper too much.

bluerun

Super B****

I've never had it either.  I have madness 24/7, the thought of an increase in that is kind of frightening.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I never taper enough to get 'madness' I am always running more than I want to be running during taper. I think most people taper too much.

Me too!

LRB

I've never had it either.  I have madness 24/7, the thought of an increase in that is kind of frightening.

Yes, stay where you are. Thank you!!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I have been stuffing my face during this taper. Food!!!!!! And today I made a potato and chickpea curry for the first time just because. It was good. And then I ate pizza. And then I ate 5-ingredient energy bites that probably had 10 ingredients. And next....? TBD

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You could always revert to tapering the old way, only 7-10 days. By the time taper madness hits it's already race day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I never said that.

You should eat him then, that'll learn his ass. lol

You lie!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You could always revert to tapering the old way, only 7-10 days. By the time taper madness hits it's already race day.

My coach gives me something around 10 days, with the Wednesday before an MLR with 6 @ MP (which I'm going to do this Friday cause I have no time before it).  And I agree, most people taper too much. However, this time I'll be doing my 14 day taper with gusto and enthusiasm.  I have been waiting for a break for quite some time.

RD for me.  I twisted my ass (piriformis and sacrum) and even after Pilates and the stretching we did it's bugging me, so I'll move my 5 to tomorrow.  Grrrr.

Damaris