Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

onemile

Also went over 2500 miles today, 3rd year in a row.

Nice. I just checked mine and I'm about 32 miles over my highest year (last year at 2660)

onemile

Cancelled my Israel trip 

I have a rest day again today. This plan is kind of annoying.

DavePNW

Nice. I just checked mine and I'm about 32 miles over my highest year (last year at 2660)

Cool!

I did 2821 last year. I checked after Sunday, there were exactly 6 weeks left in the year. To beat last year I need to average 55 mpw for the rest of the year; to just hit 2800 I need 52. Thinking likely to hit the latter, not sure I will make the effort to hit the former. I've been sort of in that general range.

Dave

DavePNW

Cancelled my Israel trip 

I am so sad for you. 

Also, if you want to run, run. My 2 cents.

Dave

onemile

I am so sad for you. 

Also, if you want to run, run. My 2 cents.

Well, I was trying the plan for a reason so I'm trying to stick with it

onemile

Cool!

I did 2821 last year. I checked after Sunday, there were exactly 6 weeks left in the year. To beat last year I need to average 55 mpw for the rest of the year; to just hit 2800 I need 52. Thinking likely to hit the latter, not sure I will make the effort to hit the former. I've been sort of in that general range.

Now that I won't be on vacation it might be easier to get to 3000. Not sure if I want to make the effort for that either

DavePNW

Now that I won't be on vacation it might be easier to get to 3000. Not sure if I want to make the effort for that either

I think if I had a nice round number like that I might go for it. But, maybe not. Mileage volume goals in general are not as interesting to me as they used to be.

Dave

onemile

I think if I had a nice round number like that I might go for it. But, maybe not. Mileage volume goals in general are not as interesting to me as they used to be.

yeah I usually just try to focus on the training and whatever the mileage ends up being, that's what it is

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FreeSoul - Nice work on those calves.  Those muscles can be the hardest to develop, especially if you don't have them.  Fortunate for me I have naturally developed calves.  Unfortunate for me they don't make me run faster.

For me, after a 12 day streak it's a rest day.  Mostly because it's our anniversary today.  Need to make a happy wife. 

Lol, I'm naturally a thick chick, but getting them to bulge has taken a while. And I don't believe they make me any faster either 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

Cancelled my Israel trip 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Also -- happy anniversary!!

Nice!  ...and thank you. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Better than nothing? 7.5 miles, pretty standard for a weekday run.. 

Ha!  You high miles guys do make it sound like nothing.   Sorry about your trip.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Cyberic

yeah I usually just try to focus on the training and whatever the mileage ends up being, that's what it is

Me too. I dunno what's gotten into me to try to reach a yearly volume goal. It seemed motivating at the time.

Sorry about your trip.

RunningOnSand

Also went over 2500 miles today, 3rd year in a row.

#Lifegoals.

onemile

Addie asked me what I had in mind for 2018 and I'm like