Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

onemile

Hey OneMile, sorry about the trip, that sucks.  Is it a rescheduleable thing, or not so much?  Glad Gracie is doing better, she looks a lot happier in the recent picture!  She's a stunning dog, even in a cone.

Not so much. I didn't buy the trip insurance but it doesn't cover stuff like this anyway.

Gracie is definitely acting a lot more like herself. Good energy and eating well. Wanting me to throw her ball

onemile

Onemile: Sorry you will miss your trip. Sad...I thought you were an ex-college runner or something with your times?

No, I started running at age 27....because I was getting really fat

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Berto, Happy Anniversary!

I quit trying to catch up on this thread today.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not so much. I didn't buy the trip insurance but it doesn't cover stuff like this anyway.

Gracie is definitely acting a lot more like herself. Good energy and eating well. Wanting me to throw her ball

Awwww.

Damaris

Cyberic

Comes to about 120 flights.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.7 miles. Kinda warm and windy. Weather can't make up it's mind, although this was better than freezing cold wind.

Onemile, sorry about the trip. Gracie looks much happier in that picture. Hope her recovery goes smooth.

Bert-o, happy anniversary.

Gracie is so pretty!  I grew up with GSDs, they are such good souls.

RunningOnSand

Berto, Happy Anniversary! Have a great time celebrating each other!

Thanks everyone for chiming in re: the mileage. It's super interesting to see how you've increased over the years. I haven't had a full year of consistent mileage since I started running more consistently (oxymoron much?! ) but i'm hopeful for 2018.

RunningOnSand

LM, how's it living with the great dane? Any news on how long you'll be keeping him?

KCRuns

Happy Anniversary Bert-O!  How many years?

Sorry about your trip, onemile, but glad Gracie is doing better.

I've been setting future running goals as I read through the mileage recaps today.  I've only been running for 2 & 1/2 years, so I feel like there's lots of room for growth.

I got just over 5 last night.  I was early to the group run, so I did 2 miles solo and then 3 with everybody else.  I was late getting to the gym today during lunch, so I only had time for 1.5 miles before my training session.  My plan was to get 3-4 more miles afterwards, but she kicked my ass today with higher weights and my body felt like jelly so I bailed on the rest of my run.

DavePNW

I've been setting future running goals as I read through the mileage recaps today.  I've only been running for 2 & 1/2 years, so I feel like there's lots of room for growth.

Yup. First few years are fun because the gains can be so dramatic. No shortcuts though. Run and run and run and run.

Dave

Cyberic

Berto, Happy Anniversary! Have a great time celebrating each other!

Thanks everyone for chiming in re: the mileage. It's super interesting to see how you've increased over the years. I haven't had a full year of consistent mileage since I started running more consistently (oxymoron much?! ) but i'm hopeful for 2018.

You seem to be pretty steady, from the time you've been logging here (all I can see).

I haven't been running for as long as many here, but I am seeing the slowing down of the injury occurences the more I run. Most of the time, now, I barely hurt anywhere. I plan on keeping the steady running and hopefully the trend is gonna continue, like DaveP and Onemile have mentioned.

Cyberic

Don't see me very well, but I think it's a nice pic

oldfartrunner

No cone of shame!!!

oldfartrunner

Don't see me very well, but I think it's a nice pic

Nice pic! Looks like Christmas.