Beginners and Beyond

Checking in from RW Beginners Forum (Read 117 times)

ForceD

Well, looks like the RWBF is coming over her so I guess I will too. WTF is wrong with them? I think this is all ACTIVE's fault. The RW forums were so much better before they got involved. I'm surprised they're not charging us a convenience fee for departing. Have I mentioned that I hate Active?

Dan

("ForceD" in the RW forums)

Running since March 1976

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I run mostly to see things, to explore places I don't know. And the places I do know,...then I get a sense of the weather, the shifting light, the seasonal changes; it can be pleasurable even when you hurl yourself into the teeth of nature." -- Ed Koren, Runner and Cartoonist for New Yorker magazine, 2006 interview for RW magazine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The road belongs not to the swift, but to those who keep running.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the going gets tough...sprinters quit.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Welcome. I just registered for a race not on active that charged both a processing fee and a convenience fee. I went the charity route, but Baltimore supposedly charging a $10 processing fee for the running festival. Crazy.

RSX

My login still works.

Been a member of RA for quite some time, but rarely post.  I'm aka nurunner54 from RW.  Hi guys!

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I am tom1961 both places.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

not lazy, just tired

Hi All. stupidlazydog both there and here.

Not if it makes sense.

catwhoorg

Labrat

*waves to any old timers*

Haven't logged in over at RWOL for a couple of years, but am active here.

Mostly in other groups, but I keep an eye on the BF

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

GC100k

Checking in and reactivating.

Let's see if I have an avatar when I set this thing up back whenever.

On RW, I just changed my avatar for the first time last week. I still had the default avatar from 2008.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Welcome (back).

Me and others moved here in 2013-2014 when the first (or was it second) massive exodus.  We welcome you.

Damaris

I first logged on to RWOL around Oct 2012, right before the spam invasion hit. I swear I had nothing to do with it. But I came over here & never went back. Except to post for the miles game, until that thankfully moved here as well. Even just posting once a week for that was such a PITA, IDK how some of you guys stuck around there. Anyway, welcome to the refugees.

Dave

breadnatty08

Just registered and checking in!  Same UN as RWOL.  Thanks for taking us.  

Find me on Strava

Hey I made it over. Thanks for having us here! 

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Howdy! Peter checking in.

Hi everyone. I had just gotten used to RW...and got kicked out...

I look forward to good exchanges here. Still trying to find my way around and to see how everything works here. First impression: people share a lot more here than they have on the RW forum. I don't mean quantity but quality i.e. personal experiences etc. Thats great. I hope it stays that way. And I hope of course that this is a good place to learn new things and get help with questions. Time will tell. Thanks for having me over!!!

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Welcome everyone! We were the new people here in 2012. Glad to have you.