Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdaylies are here. (Read 28 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 5 pleasant miles.  Low 60s and a decent breeze were groovy.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Good morning!

I ran 5 pleasant miles.  Low 60s and a decent breeze were groovy.

Have a great day!

13 days streak, man! Not even close to your 3264 days streak or drinking at least one beer, but still doing good!

I'll be taking a RD today, so I can string three identical easy 5 milers in a row later this week.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

13 days streak, man! Not even close to your 3264 days streak or drinking at least one beer, but still doing good!

I'll be taking a RD today, so I can string three identical easy 5 milers in a row later this week.

DaveP says that will ruin your knees.

MTA:  My beer streak is in fine shape, btw.

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

delicate flower

Good morning now!  2400 yard masters swim before work, and a good one as those things go.  Coach has me scheduled to swim every day this week.  That is a first.  When I got my schedule, I asked him if that was correct and he told me to get used to it, and to expect to feel tired by the fifth day.  Alrighty then.  Bike workout tonight.

<3

DaveP says that will ruin your knees.

And I hear he's an expert on that.

6 miles. Plan another 4 after work. Because I wouldn't want both of them to be 5.

Dave

Cyberic

Because I wouldn't want both of them to be 5.

Smart man 

From the Internet.

9.5 with 6 MP this morning. I was feeling antsy when I started and wondered if I shouldn't perhaps try to throw in a mile or two at HMP at the end instead of doing all 6 at MP, but cruising down the last hill and closing out the MP miles with a comfortable 7:51 mile answered that question - this cycle has really helped me grasp "faster does not always equal better". Feeling that good running just a bit faster than goal pace was more of a confidence boost than any hard/fast killer workouts could be at this point.

onemile

I guess when Addie said she was giving me an extra day of rest this week she meant 3 easy runs in a row before a Wednesday workout 

Runshortii

No running today, but I think I am going to go to a bodypump class. I used to go to them and actually really enjoyed them (coming from someone that HATES weights), but it's too hard to start going to a class when I'm doing a lot of running because I'll be sore as $hit for a few days. Then I have an inservice at work on a new vein finder we're getting, fun stuff.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

9.5 with 6 MP this morning. I was feeling antsy when I started and wondered if I shouldn't perhaps try to throw in a mile or two at HMP at the end instead of doing all 6 at MP, but cruising down the last hill and closing out the MP miles with a comfortable 7:51 mile answered that question - this cycle has really helped me grasp "faster does not always equal better". Feeling that good running just a bit faster than goal pace was more of a confidence boost than any hard/fast killer workouts could be at this point.

Don't do stupid stuff at this point!!!  The hay is in the barn.

Damaris

No more marathons

I guess when Addie said she was giving me an extra day of rest this week she meant 3 easy runs in a row before a Wednesday workout 

Maggie did the same with me.  Three "easy" days of 4, 6, 7 followed by a short speed workout on Thursday.  This will be the final few weeks before the goal 10K/1500/5K combo.  I suspect all the quality workouts will be shorter and faster.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

How far in advance do you actually find out what you're doing?

Dave

No more marathons

Maggie usually posts my workouts for the week on Saturday after I've finished my "long" run.

(I know you didn't ask me - but 

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

For me it depends - sometimes she will give me the entire next week on Sunday. Sometimes she just will give me a Monday and Tuesday run and fill in the rest of the week on Monday or Tuesday.

The most annoying is when she does what she did this week, which is giving me my schedule 2-3 days at a time.  On Saturday, she gave me my Sunday run. On Sunday she gave me Monday and Tuesday (and in an email said she was going to give me an extra day of rest this week).  And then this morning, she gave me Wed-Fri. But no schedule for the weekend yet.  Grrr.

Sometimes I am not sure if she is waiting to see how I am doing before giving me the rest or if she just doesn't have time to put it all in at once.  There have been times where if I don't put comments/notes in my workouts she emails me to ask before giving me the next week. So maybe it is that.