Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

If I can run these long, 3+ hour runs by myself, in sometimes sucky, horrid weather or when I am just feeling lifeless......... then by fucking god I can run 26.2 miles with a crowd of runners damn it.

Of course you can.  Duh

Baboon

delicate flower

The knee that I fell on & banged up on Friday was really painful during Saturday's run. So I am going to play it safe for at least a few days & hope it's nothing serious.

Knees...who needs 'em.

<3

DavePNW

DW isn't home.  I'm getting a little stir crazy here....bored and pacing around the house.

Dude, plenty of pregame shows on. Although generally I cannot stand those things, I just want to watch the damn games.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Dude, plenty of pregame shows on. Although generally I cannot stand those things, I just want to watch the damn games.

I don't actually watch them but use them as background noise, it's like soft elevator music to my ears.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am only 5.3 miles away from a 200 mile mark for 30 days............ damn it  someday, someday I am going to see 200 in a 30 day range.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Zelanie

Damaris is over the half!

Dave- Now is the time to let your super runner healing skills do their thing. Smile

SRD #7 for me.

Baboon

delicate flower

5 easy.  I HAD TO.

<3

LRB

outoftheblue

I going to take an URD.   This is a planned recovery week, so with the race yesterday, I'm going to take a little extra rest.   I think in the future I'm going to opt for a 12 to 15 week marathon plan.  18 weeks is just too long.  After 10 weeks, I'm ready to head into taper now.

Dave -- I think it's a good idea to rest that bruised knee.  Bad luck, but you're doing the smart thing.

Life is good.

LRB

I think in the future I'm going to opt for a 12 to 15 week marathon plan.  18 weeks is just too long.  After 10 weeks, I'm ready to head into taper now.

You poor beautiful thing, does that mean you still have 8 weeks to go?  Fuck!  I would look to add more rest days in there and/or cut the length of a run here and there so that you don't go completely bonkers.

outoftheblue

Yup, 8 weeks to go.  I was always open to modifying Pfitz if it got too overwhelming.   I'm getting to that point now.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'd probably end up with an injury if I tried an 8 to 10 week plan, I feel safer around the 18-20 week mark. But I wouldn't be exaggerating when I say I am so ready for this taper  

PRs

LRB

I'd probably end up with an injury if I tried an 8 to 10 week plan...

She said 12 to 15 weeks not 8 to 10.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.2 for me today

Marjorie