Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 35 times)

Zelanie

I think it was a bit harder to find this year, which was a good thing - maybe eliminating some people who stumbled upon it last year and had no idea WTF they were signing up for.

Exactly.

No more marathons

I know or recognize about half the team.  Last year I only knew bluesky and freesoul when teams were assigned.

I recognize a few names, but don't think any that I've been on teams with before.

Half day of work today - you'd think I'd use this as a day to get in some extra miles.

Not so - think I'll take a rest day instead.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Well - pulled two switches today.

1.  Signed up for a 10K on the 21st of January - I've run this twice before - it has a bitch of a hill at the end

2.  Signed up for coaching with Hudson Elite - my coach will be Maggie Callahan

(thanks for the referral onemile).

Looks like this shit is about to get serious.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Looks like this shit is about to get serious.

Ruh roh.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with about 3.5 at HM effort. Like Bluesky, I got off work early today (2 hours), I had grand plans of being able to get in a longer run cause more time in daylight. Then, in what must be a bad week for the vehicles in the B&B, I got rear ended getting off the highway. Dude's reaction was totally not proportionate to the damage done, so had to call 911 to file a report. Think hysterical crying & throwing himself face down into the grass next to the road. I asked him twice if he was ok and could not get an answer. I let the cop handle that shit.

LRB

Think hysterical crying & throwing himself face down into the grass next to the road.

#thatonetimeibitchslappedadude 

Half Crazy K 2.0

#thatonetimeibitchslappedadude 

Yea, interesting for sure, I kept thinking did he hit his head when he ran into me and that's why this drama? And then thinking back, there are some things I did that were stupid. Like when I got out of the car, I left the keys in the ignition (it was turned off & in park) and left my purse on the seat. 

Baboon

delicate flower

Interval workout wasn't terrible.  7 x 3:00 with 2:00 recoveries.  I averaged a 6:45 pace on the intervals, and the last three were the fastest.  Now if I could do mile repeats at that pace I'd be getting somewhere.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

WOO HOO, I'm on Baboon's team!

Babs - Zelanie says you can count swimming & cycling miles this year. Gonna be captain again? You can kick some heads.

If I see 3 minute miles, I'm calling BS

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I recognize a few names, but don't think any that I've been on teams with before.

Half day of work today - you'd think I'd use this as a day to get in some extra miles.

Not so - think I'll take a rest day instead.

Nice!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

9 miles and weights.  3 hour nap after court made my head feel normal.

Damaris

DavePNW

This morning I hit 400 hours of running for the year. Think of all the productive things I could've done with that time.

Dave

LRB

Think of all the productive things I could've done with that time.

Why do that and depress yourself. lol

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

This morning I hit 400 hours of running for the year. Think of all the productive things I could've done with that time.

Like how many craft beers you could have consumed?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

onemile

Interval workout wasn't terrible.  7 x 3:00 with 2:00 recoveries.  I averaged a 6:45 pace on the intervals, and the last three were the fastest.  Now if I could do mile repeats at that pace I'd be getting somewhere.

I am sure you can