Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #118 (Read 28 times)

sdWhiskers

Plan?

Coach gave me plan for 60 miles which is super helpful (2x doubles). Following that, I'll have 7-day total of 70 miles on Saturday. I will add in extra to try to hit ~70 for Mon-Sun if I feel ok. I've been running around 35-45 mpw for last 4 months so I think hitting 70 is a worthy but not incredibly stupid goal.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My marathon got repostponed.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Starting May 1st in my county: anyone leaving their house must wear a face covering whenever you are within six-feet of a non-household member. Fine is up to $1000 or 6 months jail.

Sigh. I run almost entirely on routes where I pass no one. Or it'll average 1-2 people per mile and I run out into the street so like 15 ft away. But I think I need to start carrying a mask so I don't have people yelling at me.

3 flat, mostly elevated... that’s all the legs had.

The good news is I  found that they have paved a little section of the cross county trail only about 3 miles form my house.  The section is only .6 mi long but that’s fine for my shorter workouts.   Finding flat, paved, no-tilt is hard to come by here... I also saw no evidence that it floods there.

LRB

Coach gave me plan for 60 miles which is super helpful (2x doubles). Following that, I'll have 7-day total of 70 miles on Saturday. I will add in extra to try to hit ~70 for Mon-Sun if I feel ok. I've been running around 35-45 mpw for last 4 months so I think hitting 70 is a worthy but not incredibly stupid goal.

Lock & Load!

LRB

Starting May 1st in my county: anyone leaving their house must wear a face covering whenever you are within six-feet of a non-household member. Fine is up to $1000 or 6 months jail.

In theory, that shouldn't happen. Or am I missing some unique situation?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Agree with LRB. Bring a buff on you pocket or bra and only put it on on those rare times. That’s what I do.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Basically it is now required (not just suggested) that everyone wear a mask when you leave the home and are close to others. I can already tell by conversations on NextDoor that people will go crazy if they see me running without one, even if I'm a half mile from another person.

sdWhiskers

Agree with LRB. Bring a buff on you pocket or bra and only put it on on those rare times. That’s what I do.

Yeah, I just ordered a few online. If the buff is soaking wet, can you still breathe through it?

Runshortii

I was just thinking this. I could see at a crowded store though

Half Crazy K 2.0

I cut up a strip of an old t-shirt that I can tie around my face if needed. Basically it's in case I need to use a public bathroom.

I ordered buffs for when I actually go out

LRB

Basically it is now required (not just suggested) that everyone wear a mask when you leave the home and are close to others. I can already tell by conversations on NextDoor that people will go crazy if they see me running without one, even if I'm a half mile from another person.

I was concerned about something similar when this all went down, so I empathize with you.

LRB

I was just thinking this. I could see at a crowded store though

Sometimes briefly for a millisecond here and there yes. We are under orders to wear masks in all interior spaces now, although because of politics, some people aren't abiding by it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

If it’s a pull, don’t stretch it!

Wish I could afford to find out... ugh... with a possible injury meaning weeks of no running, the only thing that could make me feel better is closed until further notice 😭😭😭

I'm slowly becoming a depressing basket case... and this beautiful day sure doesn't help!!!!😫😫😫

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Ran about 9, with Monday hill sprints