Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #118 (Read 28 times)

GinnyinPA

Masks are mandatory here in PA so I saw mask wearing at the grocery store go from about 10% to 99%. Of course, some masks are worn with the nose exposed and I saw one woman wearing a lace mask (her form of protest) but most are trying to obey the law. There are also a lot fewer bandanas now. One grocery employee didn't have a mask and when I asked her why not she said she had a collapsed lung and couldn't breathe with the mask so her boss let her work without. If I were here I would have chosen a job with less public exposure, but she was young, and therefore probably feels immortal. Of course, people are pretty much oblivious of others when they're looking for their groceries, so 6' distance is a rare thing.
    bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

9 miles.

The Governor of Tennessee has foolishly cut back on the stay at home order as the numbers are still going up. Since the schools officially closed for the rest of the school year I have seen more and more people getting together and letting kids be out playing with their friends. 50% of people at the grocery stores are wearing masks.

From the Internet.

I had fully intended to do nothing all afternoon but my torso was featured in today's Trackhouse email (a picture from the one group long run I made it to before I got injured in January) and that motivated me to go jog for 30 minutes, lol. I'll take the motivation wherever I can get it these days!!

27 miles last week but no long run, hopefully will be in the mood for something longish tomorrow. Starting to get the mojo back a little bit.

LRB

but I need a haircut!

I look absolutely ridiculous! 

I think Imma roll with it though, for awhile anyway.

LRB

That's troubling if they're not required by executive order!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bluerun, wow, quite a sign. Although that area looks like it's a lot of apartments or condos? So I could sort of seeing having something at the ready, especially since you may need to share an elevator with people.

LRB, in Baltimore City, there is no executive order, but the mayor strongly recommends everyone wears one when outside the house. When I drove into work last week, it seemed like people were following this.

Dammit Amazon, where are my buffs?

sdWhiskers

Good think you're a runner, not a jogger 

Runshortii

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I cannot upload any of my runs. The manual fit upload does not work and my Garmin run uploaded but has no splits.

If I can't upload, did my runs happen? LOL.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I guess I've been lucky because I know people who have gotten yelled at for running... even WITH a mask. Nobody ever said anything to me.

chasing the impossible

Runshortii

I guess I've been lucky because I know people who have gotten yelled at for running... even WITH a mask. Nobody ever said anything to me.

Is it really crowded outside where you run?

bluerun

Super B****

Is it really crowded outside where you run?

Not really -- I'm avoiding that to the extent I can. I haven't run in the park in over a month because it's insane how many people are in there now. The track is annoying too, since there are walkers spread out over all the lanes so I have to zig and zag around them, but it's easier to manage. If I'm running with a mask, it's a buff that is staying around my neck unless I'm actually passing someone. (Passive aggressively on my part, I feel like I shouldn't have to do that unless that someone is wearing a mask too, since covering your face is more of a protection for other people than yourself.)

chasing the impossible

Runshortii

Not really -- I'm avoiding that to the extent I can. I haven't run in the park in over a month because it's insane how many people are in there now. The track is annoying too, since there are walkers spread out over all the lanes so I have to zig and zag around them, but it's easier to manage. If I'm running with a mask, it's a buff that is staying around my neck unless I'm actually passing someone. (Passive aggressively on my part, I feel like I shouldn't have to do that unless that someone is wearing a mask too, since covering your face is more of a protection for other people than yourself.)

I don’t think many people understand this concept unfortunately

DavePNW

If I can't upload, did my runs happen? LOL.

Nope. Sorry you need to run them again.

Dave