Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday: Bar Night (Read 42 times)

LRB

Not anymore!

Oh. It was when it was an Olympic qualifier that I saw it. They must've changed that once the trials moved to Los Angeles. It was in January and the temps looked to be something I could run in, so I actually considered it.

LRB

I'm a sucker. I got a discount code to save 13.1% on the April Fools half. If I don't do it, losing $55 isn't bad and way cheaper than if I wait to register. So, yea, registered for a spring half.

Atta girl.  

Now which plan are we, ahem, I mean, are you selecting?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Atta girl.  

Now which plan are we, ahem, I mean, are you selecting?

Hudson level 2

Cyberic

3 x 8 minutes/w 1 minute .  2 first 8s by feel, last 8 by HR.

Indoors. Turned the same way the whole time. My inside foot's ankle is feeling it. Not injured, just... feeling the extra strain. Gotta get used to running on that stupid square track again.

RunningOnSand

6.2 miles today in the chilly weather. Legs are kinda dead and heavy after last night's torture session massage.

LRB

OMG, Docket, that cat is hilarious.  I'm not a cat person, but that face is priceless.

Onemile, I am a dog person, and I want to eat Gracie up! (I swear not in a weird, "Dog, it's what's for dinner," way, but she makes me do that mushy thing that normal people reserve for human babies.)

7.5 easy this morning.  I had speed on schedule, but woke up with a raging headache.  Weather change plus clenching/grinding my teeth in my sleep made for a painful morning.  Advil and coffee are keeping it manageable, but I could do without this.  Dropped mom off at airport this morning, so I'm guessing my clenching will abate.

I have human children, and they're ok, but here's my puppy who is destined to be my RB in February when he's a year.  He doesn't talk or bug me in the mornings, is pretty well behaved, and never complains about what I make him to eat, so most days he's my favorite child.

onemile

here's my puppy who is destined to be my RB in February when he's a year.  He doesn't talk or bug me in the mornings, is pretty well behaved, and never complains about what I make him to eat, so most days he's my favorite child.

Aw, what a big chunk. I used to run with Bruno, my other shepherd pretty frequently.  He didn't love it though. I think it's boring for him.  But he was having some episodes that appeared to be back pain and when I stopped running with him they seemed to clear up. So I haven't taken him for more than a couple miles and not very frequently.  He likes chasing the ball so much more and that doesn't cause any issues.

Aw, what a big chunk. I used to run with Bruno, my other shepherd pretty frequently.  He didn't love it though. I think it's boring for him.  But he was having some episodes that appeared to be back pain and when I stopped running with him they seemed to clear up. So I haven't taken him for more than a couple miles and not very frequently.  He likes chasing the ball so much more and that doesn't cause any issues.

The RWOL people went through my pain with me when my last lab passed on, including from the time she stopped wanting to run with me anymore.  She, and her predecessor, both loved it, but I never took either of them more than about 4.  This one is field-lab as opposed to show-lab build, and he's way faster and more athletic than either of my girls were.  I'm concerned he'll be bored just jogging, and we may have to go that route.  I'm hoping he'll chill a little though and get into it, it's nice to have a friend who never flakes and will work with your schedule.  Dogs are far superior to humans in this regard.

DavePNW

Are we posting dog pics now? This is Noodle the Poodle. She is not really into running, other than occasionally back & forth in the living room, but would like a treat now anyway, tyvm.

Dave

oldfartrunner

I got 8. Smile

LM & Dave: Nice pics!

Hey, found this article from Frank Shorter about self coaching. We tend to make running and training complicated, but this pretty well cut's it  down to the basic level.

https://www.active.com/running/articles/self-coaching-tips-from-olympian-frank-shorter

Runshortii

Total of 7 miles, 1.5 w.u, 8x200 m repeats with 200 m jog recovery, and 4x400m repeats with 400m jog recovery. 1.5 cool down. Those 200s kicked my ass

Are we posting dog pics now? This is Noodle the Poodle. She is not really into running, other than occasionally back & forth in the living room, but would like a treat now anyway, tyvm.

I declare it to be dog pic posting day, because how can it not be a good day if I'm looking at my friends' adorable dogs?  Noodle the Poodle is the best name ever!!!!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I declare it to be dog pic posting day, because how can it not be a good day if I'm looking at my friends' adorable dogs?  Noodle the Poodle is the best name ever!!!!

I don't think Bugsy's expression will improve...  but both Gracie and Noodle are cute as hell!

I'll play neutral on cat vs dog - our Anouk and Noah.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Bert, I'm literally going, "ooooohhh," out loud in my office.  People are staring.  That is one cute dog.  Cat's ok too.