Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: nanu-nanu (Read 40 times)

Hip Redux

Yeah and it looks like I will be in Hood River without a car so that's a hike.

We're about 90 minutes south of Portland.  I usually love just about any excuse to get up there, but on a weeknight I'm not sure I can manage it.

Zelanie

Yeah and it looks like I will be in Hood River without a car so that's a hike.

Boo!  Well I hope you enjoy Oregon! Smile  It's lovely up there.

DavePNW

7 miles.

Dave

LRB

So in the ongoing saga that has been replacing my Netbook (a mini laptop) with a tablet, it seems that after spending a million dollars purchasing two external keyboards for the stupid thing (the first one I bought online was the wrong model), it seems as though I am doing just fine using the two onscreen keyboards.

This is surprising to me because I write a crap ton, and all the reviews I read indicated that a "real" keyboard was an absolute must. For whatever reason though, I am not finding that to be the case. So after all of that I've returned one keyboard and may end up returning the other. 

cjones1

So, back to the land of the living.  I haven't been around in a few days.  Not enough running over the holiday, mostly sleeping in and stuffing my face.  Now that I'm back to reality, I ran 6.5 miles this morning.

On a more exciting note, I took advantage of the Gift card sale that running warehouse had a couple weeks ago, and ordered a $100 GC which came with a free $25 GC.  I wanted to stock up on my Guide 8's, which were on clearance for $72, so with the 15% fb code, I could get 2 pairs with the gift cards.  Anyway, I farted around and didn't order them until today, and by George, they are only $51 now.  So, bottom line, I got 3 pairs of shoes for $105 (or $35/pair).  Merry Christmas to me!!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

No more marathons

So in the ongoing saga that has been replacing my Netbook (a mini laptop) with a tablet, it seems that after spending a million dollars purchasing two external keyboards for the stupid thing (the first one I bought online was the wrong model), it seems as though I am doing just fine using the two onscreen keyboards.

This is surprising to me because I write a crap ton, and all the reviews I read indicated that a "real" keyboard was an absolute must. For whatever reason though, I am not finding that to be the case. So after all of that I've returned one keyboard and may end up returning the other. 

I have a surface pro and while I like the detachable keyboard I got for it, it's more a nice to have than a must have.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

The latest scratch your head email from my spam box, this one from a local restaurant: Come in wearing your ugly sweater in December and receive free fried Oreos.

Fried what??

From the Internet.

The foot that was all fucked up yesterday feels a lot better today. I, of course, had a panic because the symptoms were similar to something like sesamoiditis, which would be a bitch to get rid of, but today it just feels like the aftereffects of a cramp somewhere in my arch that happened during/after my race when I would have been too jacked up on adrenaline to notice it - no more ball-of-foot pain, just feels like it could use a good stretch. Gonna try a few miles later, maybe with a metatarsal pad in place.

LRB

I have a surface pro and while I like the detachable keyboard I got for it, it's more a nice to have than a must have.

Mine is a Surface as well. I couldn't believe it didn't come with Microsoft Word installed. That's buying a new car without a motor FFS.

LRB

So, back to the land of the living.  I haven't been around in a few days.  Not enough running over the holiday, mostly sleeping in and stuffing my face.  Now that I'm back to reality, I ran 6.5 miles this morning.

On a more exciting note, I took advantage of the Gift card sale that running warehouse had a couple weeks ago, and ordered a $100 GC which came with a free $25 GC.  I wanted to stock up on my Guide 8's, which were on clearance for $72, so with the 15% fb code, I could get 2 pairs with the gift cards.  Anyway, I farted around and didn't order them until today, and by George, they are only $51 now.  So, bottom line, I got 3 pairs of shoes for $105 (or $35/pair).  Merry Christmas to me!!

Procrastination doesn't often pay off like that. In fact it usually ends up costing you double. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

So where do I find this 15% off code? I liked them on Facebook, is it a super secret code?

cjones1

Procrastination doesn't often pay off like that. In fact it usually ends up costing you double. lol

No kidding, this is not a good thing to reinforce with me. Smile

PRs:

26.2 - TBD (someday)

cjones1

So where do I find this 15% off code? I liked them on Facebook, is it a super secret code?

FB15D, only available on clearance shoes as far as I can tell.  I just googled looking for codes the first time I ordered shoes there.

PRs:

26.2 - TBD (someday)

No more marathons

Mine is a Surface as well. I couldn't believe it didn't come with Microsoft Word installed. That's buying a new car without a motor FFS.

Yeah, that pretty much sucked.  Fortunately I had a license I could use to load Microsoft office.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

FB15D, only available on clearance shoes as far as I can tell.  I just googled looking for codes the first time I ordered shoes there.

Thanks, the ones I want are clearance.