Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: The Final Quarter (Read 34 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Mmmm steak

ill probably make today a rest day and do my 7 mile workout tomorrow since it’s supposed to cool off. I’m at a trauma class the next two days, took me an hour and 15 minutes to drive 40 miles 

That sounds like an easy commute.  12 miles, one hour.

DavePNW

I've been gorging on cherry pie with ice cream and Cherry Republic chocolate/cherry sauce the last three nights...birthday was Saturday and I asked for birthday pie instead of cake. And, it is/was a really good pie as evidenced by my inability to stay away from it! So may need a similar plan soon, especially with the lower miles recently

I approve this message. Pie > cake. And cherry pie is one of my favorites when it's good. Which is tough to find, because too often it tastes like cherry pie filling out of a can.

My weight doesn't fluctuate much more than a few pounds up or down, and I can never attribute a swing in either direction to any cause. But lately it's been on the lower end of things, for no apparent reason. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

8 uneventful miles today. Uneventful is good.

Dave

DavePNW

Mmmm steak

ill probably make today a rest day and do my 7 mile workout tomorrow since it’s supposed to cool off. I’m at a trauma class the next two days, took me an hour and 15 minutes to drive 40 miles 

My 20-mile commute can take me 1 hr 15 min.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I approve this message. Pie > cake. And cherry pie is one of my favorites when it's good. Which is tough to find, because too often it tastes like cherry pie filling out of a can. 

Cherry pie, when it's good, it's my favorite, but, as you said, an average cherry pie is like filling out of a can and not that good. Blueberry is my next favorite, at least for readily available pies.   ATF is rhubarb pie, no strawberry with it, just rhubarb pie.  A (good) friend occasionally brings me a rhubarb pie from Verellen Cider Mill (somewhere way north on Van Dyke) which is one of the best I've ever had but the mill is way out of my normal driving range.

Dave - I'm sure you remember Cherry Republic. I was in Ann Arbor Saturday for the football game and, as usual on the way out of town, stopped for free samples at CR. Of course, I did buy something out of guilt(y pleasure), but helped myself to more samples on the way out! Love that place and nearly all their products. Cherry Horseradish sauce is a favorite. Great with any steak or roast or on a sandwich.

I imagine there are some really good fruity pies, and fruit in general, to be had in the PNW.

Cyberic

Biometric screening day at work. My heart rate was 45 and the screener was like "you must have really good cardio " 

You make us proud 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mmmm steak

Try 1.5 hours to drive 14 miles to work!  Stupid traffic.

Damaris

Cyberic

Haven't read the article (yet, will probably do so in my lunch break) but I'm pretty sure I don't need to base train more. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I got my first case, so excited, ha!

Movers are supposed to come tomorrow.  But they said they are in AL right now.  That's fucking far...

Damaris

DavePNW

Cherry pie, when it's good, it's my favorite, but, as you said, an average cherry pie is like filling out of a can and not that good. Blueberry is my next favorite, at least for readily available pies.   ATF is rhubarb pie, no strawberry with it, just rhubarb pie.  A (good) friend occasionally brings me a rhubarb pie from Verellen Cider Mill (somewhere way north on Van Dyke) which is one of the best I've ever had but the mill is way out of my normal driving range.

Dave - I'm sure you remember Cherry Republic. I was in Ann Arbor Saturday for the football game and, as usual on the way out of town, stopped for free samples at CR. Of course, I did buy something out of guilt(y pleasure), but helped myself to more samples on the way out! Love that place and nearly all their products. Cherry Horseradish sauce is a favorite. Great with any steak or roast or on a sandwich.

I imagine there are some really good fruity pies, and fruit in general, to be had in the PNW.

Oh yeah. Blackberry is probably the biggest, along with variations like marionberry which I think you don't see outside the PNW.

I have never had a straight rhubarb pie, they must have to put a crapton of sugar in it. I had a coworker in MI who grew rhubarb, and would bring some into the office to share. He would eat it raw like celery. I tried that, and it was as disgusting as it sounds. As a switch from the usual strawberry rhubarb pie, there is a place around here that does a raspberry rhubarb, which is quite nice.

Dave

DavePNW

Biometric screening day at work. My heart rate was 45 and the screener was like "you must have really good cardio " 

I hope there were a bunch of coworkers around.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Oh yeah. Blackberry is probably the biggest, along with variations like marionberry which I think you don't see outside the PNW.

I have never had a straight rhubarb pie, they must have to put a crapton of sugar in it. I had a coworker in MI who grew rhubarb, and would bring some into the office to share. He would eat it raw like celery. I tried that, and it was as disgusting as it sounds. As a switch from the usual strawberry rhubarb pie, there is a place around here that does a raspberry rhubarb, which is quite nice.

Blackberry sounds really good. I feel like I've seem marionberry somewhere, maybe not a pie, but not sure.

Straight rhubarb is tough to eat; I've tried and it's just too sour and tart. But, with just enough sugar, it's amazing in pie or as a sauce on ice cream.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Blackberry sounds really good. I feel like I've seem marionberry somewhere, maybe not a pie, but not sure.

All I can think of with marionberry is "Bitch set me up".

A coworker asked what I was doing for World Vegetarian Day (which I didn't even know was a thing). I told him I planned to eat a steak. 

Rest today, T-Bone tonight

GinnyinPA

I've had a Fruit of the Forest pie a few times that has rhubarb, apple, raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, etc. Absolutely delicious. The best I had was at Waterton NP.

LRB

All I can think of with marionberry is "Bitch set me up".

Which is only second to Lawrence Taylor's, "I was set up like a mother fucker"