Beginners and Beyond

Where is Sundailies??? (Read 48 times)

happylily

17 miles including the Newton Hills. 8:03 average, I tried to keep it relatively even, running 10 seconds faster downhill and 10 seconds slower uphill. It felt relatively easy overall and I'm satisfied with that. Now time to rest for the next 5 days.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

LRB, a local runner is planning an attempt to run a 5:00 mile for his 50th birthday later this year.  You should come give him a little competition. Smile

DavePNW

Some days (yesterday for example) I feel like I'm going to nail my 1st marathon, I'll be able to hold that pace, no problem. And I'm making plans on changing my goal for a more ambitious one. And then, on other days (today for example) I feel like there's no way I'll be able to do it.

There's still pleeenty of time before I get there, but since I don't run with music, I have to think about something, right?

I think that's pretty normal. I'm pretty sure on every MP run during my last cycle, I thought "there's no way I can hold this for 26.2". And as it turned out, I couldn't. So maybe I'm not the best guy to give advice. Nevermind.

Dave

happylily

Congrats on 1st place age group Scotty!

Some days (yesterday for example) I feel like I'm going to nail my 1st marathon, I'll be able to hold that pace, no problem. And I'm making plans on changing my goal for a more ambitious one. And then, on other days (today for example) I feel like there's no way I'll be able to do it.

There's still pleeenty of time before I get there, but since I don't run with music, I have to think about something, right?

What you experienced is very normal. The way it works is if one day you run and feel great, the next day expect to feel not all that hot. It's completely normal. And then you have your average runs which usually can be strung many days in a row. Like you said, there is still plenty of time before marathon day for you and your goal marathon pace will definitely change a few times before then. You have been running great this season.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I am starting to find out that certain training methods are better / worse for certain physiologies.

ie: long tempos do more to demoralize me, shatter any confidence and physically set me back than any other run.

I define long tempos as 12-15 miles. I start well and by 4 miles I suck. I can't do it. I want to turn my chips in on this running gig.

1 mile repeats or even 25min intervals I can rock. It Fing hurts, I want to quit, but I get it done.  Currently my coach and I are working towards the better methods for me.  I can handle 4-6 days of speed work a week much better than 18 miles of easy pace.

shrug

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Agreed LRB-  go compete!

LRB, a local runner is planning an attempt to run a 5:00 mile for his 50th birthday later this year.  You should come give him a little competition. Smile

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

7.5 for me. Slowed the pace to more long distance pace. Minute slower per mile from yesterday. I've got a way to go to get my paces back under control and where I want them. But I know it will take some time. I can feel my lungs working on it as they lay down new systems to meet the demand levels. I'm keeping far from overdoing or getting winded. Feels good.

Marjorie

LRB

I think that's pretty normal. I'm pretty sure on every MP run during my last cycle, I thought "there's no way I can hold this for 26.2". And as it turned out, I couldn't. So maybe I'm not the best guy to give advice. Nevermind.

One of these days you are going to give yourself some credit for one helluva race. I just hope I am around to see it!

happylily

Onemile, your dog looks way too kind and loyal and honest. He makes me feel guilty of something, for some reason. Cats look more arrogant, indifferent, self-centered and demanding. I'm more of a cat person myself.

happylily

Oh and I forgot! Congrats, Sly! Just amazing!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

/me needs to be nicer to my dog.

She shreds stick on my back door mat. Much better than anything inside.

i'll go take her on a run and to the park - she digs that.

(still feel guilty)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Many thanks!

The amazing part I'll forgo though.. At least until I go sub 1:20... Wink

Oh and I forgot! Congrats, Sly! Just amazing!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

He did his first 3 miler yesterday and I was thinking to take him out again today.

What a pretty boy. This made me forget about my crappy 15 mile run this morning. I left the house feeling good and the last four miles were torture. I got home and not even a hot shower could stop me from shivering. I took my temp and it's 101.8. Damn. I haven't been sick in about 10 years. Now I'm watching "Boyhood" and posting from the phone. Oh, some of DD's friends TP'd our house last night and we have a lot of trees. Damn. Just damn.

Sly: great time! Congrats, man. That was a FAST race.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Apparently a whole lot of Shake up since the initial results posting:

4 - 1:07

2 - 1:08

masters was 1:16

womens first 2 were 1:13. Then 1:15

Damn fast race.  Was a joy to have so many really competitive runners around.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Nothing like sitting around drinking brews post lunch and postponing a 3+ hour drive.

Hence the spam posting.

to be postponed even more after the brews ...