Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: On second thought make that a double (Read 49 times)

LRB

'Sup.

I am headed out for a short run in a few then off to work.

What's on your agenda today?

Cyberic

I have an easy run with strides, but I'll see how I feel about the strides. I'm thinking I might be doing them too fast and that's why they're so hard on me. What's your opinion on strides?

The way I do them is kind of an acceleration, and after about a third of the 15 secs until the end, I'm really going hard. Not sprint hard, but not so much less.

MTA: I just watched a video about how to run strides. I start them correctly, but hold max speed for too long, and decelerate much too abruptly.  I'll them this new way.

From the Internet.

Morning! Ideally mile repeats at 10K pace will be on the schedule today, probably on the treadmill since outside is icy again  Some sort of core/strength situation after. I have a shit ton of work to do this morning though, so I may swap my easy run and workout days and do the workout tomorrow.

From yesterday - congrats to D2 and Jay on their races Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Taking the day off from running, gonna get back to making Monday my rest day as far as running is concerned. I did do some squats and abdominal/core strengthening last night before bed, hopefully I won't regret the squats and can soon get back to doing them a little more often.

I did go to the gym though, for 1 hour and 12 minutes.

I'm already feeling the "burn" Smile Wink Focus this morning was on Biceps, Triceps and Chest

Standing Dumbbell Curls: 20lbsX20reps, 17.5lbsX24reps, 20lbsX20reps, 22.5lbsX12reps, 20lbsX20reps, 22.5lbsX12reps
          Standing Triceps Cable Pull Down: 40lbsX15reps, 50lbsX12reps, 50lbsX12reps, 56.2lbsX10reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps
          Fly Delt: 50lbsX12reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX10reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps, 65lbsX10reps
          Loaded Plate Incline Chest Press: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 50lbs, 2 sets/ 8 reps/ 70 lbs
          Standing Dumbbell Raises: 5 sets/ 8 reps/ 15 lbs, 1 set / 8 reps/ 17.5 lbs
          Rear Delt: 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX10reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX10reps, 40lbsX12reps, 50lbsX8reps
          Triceps Extensions: 3 sets/ 12 reps/ 40 lbs, 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 35 lbs, 1 set/ 12 reps/ 40 lbs
          Standing Barbell Curls: 30lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps, 30lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps, 30lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps
          Seated Chest Press: 50lbsX12reps, 55lbsX10lbs, 50lbsX10reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX10reps, 60lbsX8reps

My arms are already starting to feel sore, it was getting tough during the Standing Barbell Curls, I didn't think I'd be able to finish my Seated Chest Press sets lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Good morning!

My back is really killing me this morning. It may be because I ran half of my weekly mileage (68 miles) over the weekend. The other half was done over 3 days, with rest days in between. I really have to stop doing this, I don't think that my body can take it any longer... Anyway, debating whether I should run a short recovery run tonight or just take a rest day. I'm afraid that a rest day will equate to more miles again next weekend.

Have a nice day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights & core after work. It's a sunny day, no excuse for why people using the tunnels forgot how to drive this  morning.

delicate flower

GOOD MORNING I TELL YA!

Just went back to catch up on yesterday's late dailies entries:

D2, congrats on the HM PR!

Jay, Zelanie is right in that what'd you expect two days after a speed workout?  You know that won't lead to your best race.  Nice job though!  I'd be ok with second place.  Smile

Today I've got an easy 40 minutes to do (4-6 miles, depending on how the legs feel).  Maybe an upper body workout too.  I'm still riding that high from my race, two days later.  I'm still not over how well I ran.

<3

LRB

My back is really killing me this morning. It may be because I ran half of my weekly mileage (68 miles) over the weekend.

That would be my guess as I had the same problem whenever I did that. The important thing though is you realized it so you can adjust accordingly.

LRB

I'm still not over how well I ran.

Nor should you be, that was awesome son!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I took today off to have my one year post-surgery appointment.  Pilates and 7-8 miles tonight.  SI Joint was hurting badly last night but I think it's back into place because I am not yelling and crying, LOL.

Baboon, great job on the race!

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks everyone!  I went out a lil fast, story of my life. LOL  I have another half I'm going to do next month down in SC, not sure if that one will be PRable with the hills, but we'll see how quickly I can get acclimated once I get down there. Smile

They had a PR bell outside the beer tent, everyone was giving it a gentle lil ring, I rang the shit out of that bell! 

Mmmmmmm, beer. Smile

Beer with friends, even better!!  Awesome FE! 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

Oh, some easy recovery miles later today. Smile

Phil, great job on your race!

Jay, nice work!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Thanks everyone!  I went out a lil fast, story of my life. LOL  I have another half I'm going to do next month down in SC, not sure if that one will be PRable with the hills, but we'll see how quickly I can get acclimated once I get down there. Smile

OH YES IT IS.  

Pretty awesome FE pic right there.

<3

cjones1

4.5 recovery miles this morning.  Now to spend the next 10 hours "recovering" at my desk all the while keeping the US war machine up and running. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Run #1 is done (9:12, 9:11, 9:06, 8:59) and I am glad I decided to split it up because there is no way I would have wanted to continue for 4 more miles with as tight as I was.

I will thus complete today's requisite mileage after work.