Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES, Just One More Day to Go. You Can Do It! (Read 42 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. Pilates and 7-8 miles tonight.

You guys are lucky. We cannot stray from our hours and we only have 30 minutes for lunch so no lunch running for me.

And I am never late, LRB.  The only time I got there late there were 4 fatalities so half the office made it after me. Ha

Damaris

LRB

I skipped class altogether on race weeks.

I was contemplating this myself, I'll have to give it some thought.

Massage has been a regular part of my running regiment for the better part of two years now. It's pricey, and not for everyone. But I find it beneficial for me and besides, it's awesome.

LRB

I had a noon yoga class on Tuesday - I wonder if that contributed to my awful run Tuesday night?

It could very well be. I have had enough of a sample size to see that there is a direct correlation with Wednesday night yoga, and Thursday morning dead-legged runs to have confirmed the connection.

Now, that's not to say it's bad or anything, just that you might want to plan your important training runs with that in mind.

onemile

It could very well be. I have had enough of a sample size to see that there is a direct correlation with Wednesday night yoga, and Thursday morning dead-legged runs to have confirmed the connection.

Now, that's not to say it's bad or anything, just that you might want to plan your important training runs with that in mind.

Last week I was okay for my Wednesday workout but this week the workout was Tuesday.  But then I was also suffering from a sleep deficit and had raced on Saturday. So could be a combination of things.  I am planning on racing again next Saturday so I'll probably have a Wednesday workout again next week.

LRB

Last week I was okay for my Wednesday workout but this week the workout was Tuesday.  But then I was also suffering from a sleep deficit and had raced on Saturday. So could be a combination of things.  I am planning on racing again next Saturday so I'll probably have a Wednesday workout again next week.

Probably the race more than anything. It takes more out of us than we sometimes realize.

Cyberic

What a dick.

Wrong gender, but I agree with the general idea Smile

Dang, what a shitty situation to be in.  Sorry to hear that.  I feel fortunate in that my company is very supportive of the whole work/life balance thing and I get zero crap for coming in late due to swims, or leaving early for bike rides.  Just as long as the work gets done.

A couple of persons high up in the hiearchy changed (retirements replacements) and the whole company philosophy has changed just like that

You could have the support of one thousand people, but all it takes is one person to complain to fuck shit up.

Exactly

Cyber...Good luck finding a workable solution for your runs.  Finding time to train is definitely the hardest part of trying to be competitive.  Are super early mornings or late evenings an option for you?  Another option would be run commuting, if you're not too far.  

All that you mention are possibilities I am considering as an alternative. Commuting is the one that makes more sense to me, as I live 3 miles from work, and there's a nice 2 mile loop park just next to it where I can do intervals and stuff. The problem is logistics: showering, bringing my work clothes, bringing my lunch, and so on.

I will work it out, but it really sucks to have to change everything around so close to my objective. I asked for a grace period of two weeks. I should have an answer by lunch time about my request.

LRB

And I am never late, LRB.  The only time I got there late there were 4 fatalities so half the office made it after me. Ha

I am never late either...

On the mornings I don't run.  

LRB

I will work it out, but it really sucks to have to change everything around so close to my objective. I asked for a grace period of two weeks. I should have an answer by lunch time about my request.

Can you use personal time so you're off the clock? That's what I do when I go to red cord. I'm on my own time then, and if someone were to say something about it to me I would light them bitches up so fast they wouldn't know what hit 'em.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  I took today off from work so we can have the huge bay window in the front of the house replaced. 

Guys were to start working at 9:00.  11:15 and they still not here.  GDI.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I do think the legs feeling exhausted might get better after a while if you continue taking yoga classes.  I know Pilates used to kill my legs and still does, but not as bad as it used to be.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A great massage can work wonders lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

8.5 miles to burn off the grogginess from last night's NyQuil ... kind of worked, too bad my knee is killing me.  (And my average HR was higher than it was in Jerusalem.  Weird.  It didn't FEEL that hard.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi.

RD for me but I will do some weight stuff in the gym. DD2 is running the 800 today in her track meet so I'll get over there to watch. It's her first time doing the 800 so we'll see.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, that sucks. I'm lucky that my group can work flexible schedules and hours. Hopefully you can get a 2 week grace period.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hi.

RD for me but I will do some weight stuff in the gym. DD2 is running the 800 today in her track meet so I'll get over there to watch. It's her first time doing the 800 so we'll see.

<3