Beginners and Beyond

Cold Feet Penguins Mondailies (Read 25 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: I am running on Saturday morning and DD is running Sunday. We had to cancel one night and will leave Sunday after she is done. It's about a six hour drive so it's no big deal.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wasn't doing anything unusual, just walking up the stairs to do some laundry.  I heard two distinct crunch noises, and it felt somewhat unstable the rest of the night.  I iced it last night, and I ice both knees every morning anyway.  It's definitely not as bad as my knee has hurt in the past, but also not as good as it's felt in recent weeks.  I suspect this puts the nail in the coffin of 2015 in 2015.  Why sign up if I've limped through the past year and a half?  Le sigh ...

Ouch!  We would like to see you in the game but I understand.

Damaris

Robert31320

Team TJ

Happy Monday!

I got in 3.3 miles this morning, way before daylight.  Good thing I got it done then, our weather is heading downhill fast now.  We were 77* about an hour and sunny.  69*, WINDY and raining now.  Tomorrow's high is predicted to be 50* and then down into the 20s at night.  Looks like it's time to break out a long sleeve shirt for running tomorrow morning....

Running for TJ because he can't.

From the Internet.

I should be working but instead I'm reading the LHR forum and scoping out races for next year. WTF brain, do your work. Boss is at a conference anyway so I'll probably head out as soon as I force myself to do a couple more things. SRD so I will use the extra time at home to bake muffins and possibly clean, and maybe after that my brain will be on board with writing for a bit.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Take care of the cold Kristin.

Hope the knees are okay HsM and Docket.

-2 wind chill and we are giving it a try.  Had to talk DW into it though.  I think it will be a high HR run.

PADRunner

PAD - which treadmill did you end up buying?

I got a used Nordictrack 1750 with 11hrs and 30 miles on it for $750

Zelanie

Jack- you need a "run faster, vacation is starting" sign for Sunday.

Ginny- The thought of hot cocoa was what got me through my run yesterday.  I am going to So Cal for Thanksgiving. My parents are moving out of their house, so it's more of a help with moving trip than anything. They are also going down to one car, so I will be driving back. Hope the pass is clear.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.5 F^3 miles for us.  No runners, no walkers, no cyclists, no golfers, not even a deer.   HRM was frozen from the start.  Toes frozen at the end.   We were going kind of fast, so it was hard to breathe through the balaclava.  Need a hot shower now to thaw out.

Good luck with the TM, PAD.

Zelanie

Somebody get Jerry a pair of those socks that say "Badass" on them!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Somebody get Jerry a pair of those socks that say "Badass" on them!

GinnyinPA

Jerry - you qualify for the more miles than degrees club.

tracilynn

Jerry, does your wife hate your guts now?  

Too cold for me. Not running outside tomorrow either. High is freezing but wind chill in single digits and teens. Dreadmill for me.

~~~~~~~

Traci

obiebyke

Just missed the more miles than degrees club tonight. C25K W6D1 in a feels like of 3. First real run in 3 weeks! It was fun! But pattering on the ice does slow me down.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, what a work day!  Started the thread, and then had projects all day!  Why do people wait until the last damn minute to want something!  I got everything done, but sheesh, even had to work through lunch.

I thought it was cold today with a low of 32 this morning.  Now our weather guy is saying tonite that the temp tomorrow morning for drive-time to work will be 27!   Gaaack!

Hope you feel better, Kristin

PAD, if you pick up a treadmill, is that considered x-training?

Sorry about the cranky ITB, Traci.  Too bad there is no Midol cream to give it and maybe make it less cranky.

High of only 85 Damaris?  So you only need the SPF 30 instead of the 50.  Hope your knee feels better.

Good luck with all the hours this week, Zelanie!  Why will you be getting on a plane?  Geometry class?

Wow, HsM, you too with a knee tweak?  Maybe you and Damaris and Traci should all have a jacuzzi/spa//heal-the-knee party!    Well, my knees don't hurt. but they do make a lot of sounds as I age.  If I had 3 knees., they'd be named Snap, Crackle, Pop.  I could be a walking talking commercial for Rice Krispies, lol.

Robert, your weather sounds about as crazy as ours.  Cold tomorrow...and then on Wednesday we head back into the upper 60s all the way through the weekend!  All this back-and-forth weather, lots of folks around here have the sniffles, etc.

I should be working but instead I'm reading the LHR forum and scoping out races for next year.  Well, Lauren, at least your priorities are right! 

Somebody get Jerry a pair of those socks that say "Badass" on them!  Or it could just be printed right across the rear of his running shorts/pants.

Feels like of 3!  OMG! Obibyke, you and Jerry both need that "Bad Ass" slogan!

I wish I could do that, Ginny!  But the boss here tends to frown when you curl up at work with a book and an afghan.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I should be working but instead I'm reading the LHR forum and scoping out races for next year. WTF brain, do your work. Boss is at a conference anyway so I'll probably head out as soon as I force myself to do a couple more things. SRD so I will use the extra time at home to bake muffins and possibly clean, and maybe after that my brain will be on board with writing for a bit.

Did you read my post yesterday about the other group, Maffers?

Damaris