Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: On second thought make that a double (Read 33 times)

LRB

LRB

Good morning!

Another long ass day is on tap for me and will commence here in a bit in the form of a 6 mile run, which is probably the only part of the next 14 hours I will enjoy.

Well, I suppose I am getting paid for most of it all of it so I should enjoy it all and you know what?  I will try to do just that.

What about you?

Cyberic

No running for me today. I'm starting hockey, but hopefully I'll be smart enough to take it easy. The racing this weekend took sooooo much out of me. I'm actually considering taking a full week off of running. At the same time I'm considering signing up for a Spring marathon.

For the moment I'm going to enjoy my coffee and have fun at work today.

I wish you all a great day.

runninggirl30

Morning everyone!

The sunrise is beautiful this morning where I am!  Looking out the window with a hot cup of tea and snuggled in a warm fuzzy sweater.  It reminds me of a Folgers commercial, lol.  I love Fall!

No running for me this morning but I'm heading off to the gym for bodypump and some cardio.

delicate flower

'Morning!  HBD, runninggirl!!

4 easy miles this morning before sunrise.  I turned the alarm clock off and was prepared to blow off the run, but DW insisted we run.  *sigh*  So, we ran.  I may try to run a little more before dinner...log them when I can.

<3

happylily

Good morning LRB, Cy and RG! Happy birthday (this time for real  ), RG!

I have 11 tonight, including 2x3 miles at tempo.

Cyber, you need a recovery period before jumping into a new training cycle. It's quite fine to take a week off, or run just 2 or 3 miles very slowly here and there (it could actually help you feel better). Also, just a little secret between the two of us, do not use capital letters with seasons when they are used as nouns. You will sign up for a spring marathon, not a Spring marathon. A capital letter would be used if you said "The Fall 2014 semester is about to start". That's because then, the season is used in a title. Also, if you say "I'm considering signing up for a spring marathon", you're supposed to end your sentence with this: !!!!!!!!!!! Everybody does that, here.  Finally, which marathon are you considering? Ottawa?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Pilates tonight and either my SRD or 6-7 miles depending on time.

Damaris

Cyberic

Good morning LRB, Cy and RG! Happy birthday (this time for real  ), RG!

I have 11 tonight, including 2x3 miles at tempo.

Cyber, you need a recovery period before jumping into a new training cycle. It's quite fine to take a week off, or run just 2 or 3 miles very slowly here and there (it could actually help you feel better). Also, just a little secret between the two of us, do not use capital letters with seasons when they are used as nouns. You will sign up for a spring marathon, not a Spring marathon. A capital letter would be used if you said "The Fall 2014 semester is about to start". That's because then, the season is used in a title. Also, if you say "I'm considering signing up for a spring marathon", you're supposed to end your sentence with this: !!!!!!!!!!! Everybody does that, here.  Finally, which marathon are you considering? Ottawa?

Thanks for the English lesson. Really. I can't improve on what I don't know. And yes, it would be Ottawa. I still have time to make my decision, but three factors against going:

1 - Traveling. My family would most likely come with me, and we would sleep in a hotel room. I go to bed at 9h30 before a race and get up and eat breakfast at 4:30. That would be complicated in a hotel room, with the family.

2- Training. I run all winter long. I've done it for the past two winters, and will do it again this year. But some days it's not easy to get in a serious workout or a long run. Icy roads & sidewalks are a major problem. To be in marathon training during winter (no cap Wink ) sounds difficult.

3- Distance. This is less of a factor, as the distance will always be the same whenever I decide to race a marathon. But this weekend's half left me so exhausted that I am a little afraid of racing for double the distance.

LRB

Also, just a little secret between you, I and LRB, do not use capital letters with seasons when they are used as nouns. You will sign up for a spring marathon, not a Spring marathon. A capital letter would be used if you said "The Fall 2014 semester is about to start". That's because then, the season is used in a title. 

FYP Big grin

I am not sure I knew that as fact, I just kind of do it out of habit.  lol

LRB

The racing this weekend took sooooo much out of me. I'm actually considering taking a full week off of running.

That sounds about right coming off of a kick ass performance, and for what it is worth running slow and easy for 4 to 6 miles for a couple of days (or that equivalent in kilometers) actually will hasten recovery as lily opined.  Of course we all are different but that has been the case in my experience.

Regarding the itch to run a marathon after your second half marathon, that sounds about right too! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I guess the bitch at work did not like the bagels I brought for the staff today because she banged her office door and pull down my medal rack again.  Sigh.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Should I capitalize the word Bitch or not?  Ha.

Damaris

happylily

Should I capitalize the word Bitch or not?  Ha.

If she's a major bitch, yes. 

happylily

FYP Big grin

I am not sure I knew that as fact, I just kind of do it out of habit.  lol

I love you. 

Morning. How did it get to be almost October already?

Lily, you are teaching rules of English that about 5% of native speakers know.

Today: 3.5 mile warmup, 3 x 2 miles @ GMP-10, 0.5 mile recoveries, 1.5 mile cooldown. Total 12 miles.

Target pace 7:50. Actuals 7:43, 7:46, 7:27(?!)

Total for September: 285.3 miles. If I didn't have the mini-taper/recovery for my HM, would've been my 2nd straight month >300. October will be a big dropoff....

As usual, looking forward to SRD tomorrow. Have a good day everyone.

Dave