Beginners and Beyond

Chiropractic Friday Penguins (Read 17 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Chiropractic Founders Day!

"Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still." -Chinese proverb

PADRunner

5 Miles done this morning. Knees feel OK.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

PAD, glad you felt good this morning.

Planning to run medium longish this morning.  This weekend is going to be another scorcher, so I wanted to get it out of the way.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning PAD and Bri.

Careful with the knees PAD.

Have a good MLR, Bri.

We might  postpone our Friday LR until tomorrow after it cools down.  So short run for today, unless we can't stop.

GinnyinPA

PAD - good job on the early 5.  I'm glad the knees enjoyed the rest.

Jerry - enjoy your hot run.  Did you ever get the predicted storms?

Brilliant - I hope your MLR goes well.

RD for me and I'm feeling like it's overdue.  I always have a problem when I've taken time off running knowing how much is too much when I start up again.  Trying to make up for lost time doesn't really work and just leaves me with a lot of little aches and pains from joints that were enjoying the break.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Well, today is the last day before vacation, even though tomorrow is a prep day for our camping trip.  I thoroughly enjoyed turning off my alarm this morning and not resetting it!!  I'm hoping for a walk this evening and another attempt at a bike ride tomorrow, although I also have to bake scones and bread, do laundry, mix up some trail mix, pack, etc etc.  It's all good!  
              Oh, and for Zelanie -- with our cool nights and not-so-hot days, we're currently (see what I did there?) sitting at -3 kWh power usage for September!  I'm hoping we get even further in the negative when we're not home for a few days -- not using the shower, the dishwasher, the Wii, or hours on end with DH's laptop.  I'm loving my solar panels!

PAD -- glad your knees feel better, woo-hoo for your 5!!

Brilliant -- enjoy your medium longish, hope it's not too hot!!

Jerryb -- hope you get a break in the weather!!

From yesterday, good to hear Mitch's xray was clear!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Ginny -- enjoy your RD!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

Pet sitting situation is all set - met the owner of the company and the woman who'll be taking care of the girls all weekend, they seem great. Just packing and heading up north now! Got in 3.5 miles this morning; I'm planning to run 7 tomorrow in Maine and if I do that, I'll hit 30 miles for the week! Big grin

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ginny, we had 2", mostly aftter midnight, which I slept through.

2 dewey miles for us.  Ready for a LR.

Zelanie

HsM, Congrats! We are still 2 months out from install.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi Pens!  I took an unscheduled rest day yesterday.  My back was bugging me on Wednesday night and I just didn't really sleep.  Yesterday my joints were a bit off and I decided rest was better than continuing my streak.

Today I did 5 easy on the TM because there was an air quality alert.  Joints felt fine today so the rest day was probably a good idea.  I'm headed off to bib pickup for the 18-mile tuneup and then I've got my Chinese lesson.

Have a fun Friday everyone :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)