Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies (Read 17 times)

DavePNW

Someone has to start this thing! Even if they didn't run. I plan to run tonight with my 6 PM brewery group.

A while back I ran an RA report of all my races and saw the total number was mid/upper 90s. I thought I should keep an eye on it, and make some kind of deal out of it when I hit 100. I just remembered that yesterday, ran the report again, and saw I'm at 100 even now. So I guess my marathon a couple weeks ago was it. Yay.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 7 later. It's a rainy and windy day but I'll see how it is after work.

Damaris

DavePNW

In other important news: I booked my NYC hotel!

Dave

sdWhiskers

3 miles on some trails in the outskirts of ABQ. Felt super sluggish, will blame lack of running plus elevation (5000 ft).

DavePNW

3 miles on some trails in the outskirts of ABQ. Felt super sluggish, will blame lack of running plus elevation (5000 ft).

I ran when we were visiting the Grand Canyon & Flagstaff, which was about 7500 feet. Man were my lungs (and legs) feeling it!

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning, skippy!  The weather all morning was some nasty wintery garbage, so I waited it out and just ran six miles on roads that were just wet.  This was an honest to God easy jogging effort and was a 7:31 avg pace.  I assume that is because I've got a week of tapered legs under me.  My race Saturday ought to be fun.  It's a 6.55 miler but my goal will be to break my 10K PR (39:16), then just hang on for the final third of a mile.

Dave, congrats on race 100 and the hotel bookage!  My athlinks profile shows 228 races but it is missing probably 5-6 more.

<3

DavePNW

My athlinks profile shows 228 races but it is missing probably 5-6 more.

Did you actually create an Athlinks profile and claim all your results, or are you just going by what’s listed under your name? I’m guessing the latter would work for you because there’s probably no one else with your name, which is not the case for me.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Did you actually create an Athlinks profile and claim all your results, or are you just going by what’s listed under your name? I’m guessing the latter would work for you because there’s probably no one else with your name, which is not the case for me.

I created an account very early into my racing days.  I think if you create an account, it'll use your birthdate and location to find your race results.

<3

In other important news: I booked my NYC hotel!

Did you read about the MTA wanting to charge the New York Marathon $750,000 to use the bridge?

https://nypost.com/2024/04/03/us-news/mta-wants-nyc-marathon-to-cough-up-750k-for-lost-tolls-during-race/amp/

i’m not back running yet, but I’m picking at it just a tiny little bit

today 26mins run/stand on the mill

yesterday 1.5 real uncomfortable on flat

Half Crazy K 2.0

My in laws lived in Los Alamos when DH and I started dating.  It's around 8000 ft. I nearly passed out in their house first time I met them.

Athlinks, there is someone in the mid west with a close variation of my name.

DavePNW

Did you read about the MTA wanting to charge the New York Marathon $750,000 to use the bridge?

https://nypost.com/2024/04/03/us-news/mta-wants-nyc-marathon-to-cough-up-750k-for-lost-tolls-during-race/amp/

Yes, big news. I thought it was brought up here yesterday, because I know I’ve discussed in a few places, but I guess not. I imagine there will be some kind of negotiated settlement. If the MTA were smart, they would’ve brought it up before the applications started. NYCM could’ve just raised their price by $15, which would cover that full amount, and no one registering would likely have been the wiser. It’s already $315, who cares if it’s $330.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Dave - congrats on 100 races and on getting your hotel booked.

Daffy - yeah, I saw the same news.  Typical NYC BS.  Glad to hear you're getting closer to running.

I have 163 races logged on RA.  There probably aren't many I didn't log here - mainly some 5ks where I ran with my son when he was much younger so I wasn't really racing.  My count has gone up a lot since I discovered ParkRun last year.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

DavePNW

I got an email today for a race, and nowhere in the email does it indicate the race distance.  I’d assume that means it’s a 5k, and I’m sure there’s more info if I follow the registration link, but come on, man.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I got an email today for a race, and nowhere in the email does it indicate the race distance.  I’d assume that means it’s a 5k, and I’m sure there’s more info if I follow the registration link, but come on, man.

That irks me. And whenever you get an email for a race around you but they won’t say the town etc.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I also get emails for races without a date in the email.

My other pet peeve is races that don't post a course map.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19