Beginners and Beyond

Finally Fridailies (Read 39 times)

LRB

I believe we have officially entered the best time of year to run. 

You know that's right!

LRB

Nice run Z!  Trying to determine when to hit marathon pace can be tricky.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You know that's right!  Unless you're in Miami.

FYP.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

New discovery about running: starting at a slower pace will lead to a faster run overall. 

Anyway, I've felt like I've been struggling to hold pace on my marathon pace runs, so yesterday, I decided to let go of my 4 hour goal, run 10 sec slower/mile, and just see how it felt.  It was also my first 10-mile MP run of the plan (13 miles total with warmup and cooldown).  So, the goal was to start at a 9:20 pace and try to stay consistent through all 10.  Instead, here's what happened:

9:19 ("OMG how am I ever going to finish a marathon at any pace?  I should totally DNS")

9:17

9:19 ("This pace is GREAT!  Who needs 4-hours anyway?")

9:20

9:18 (Getting hard to not accidentally run too fast)

9:08 ("OK, I am just going to let my legs go to my "old" GMP if they want.")

9:07

At this point, it was getting dark, but I decided not to swing by my house and pick up the headlamp I had left on the porch.  For one thing, I was in a groove and didn't want to stop.  Also, I was on the roads anyways, and had good footing.  Besides, it would be good to just maintain even effort and only check my watch in the streetlights, right?  And whatever happens to my pace is whatever happens.

9:01

8:56

8:56 

Overall pace- 9:10 on the nose!

Nice run!

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

FYP.

Even in Miami there has to be a "best time of the year" to run though, right?  I mean, even if it's still pretty crappy there's got to be a less crappy time.

Nice run, Z-ombie!

<3

From the Internet.

Hi dailies! Yes, we have officially entered the best time of year to run - today was ~56ish when I left the house with a dew point of "yes please", I ran 3 easy miles and it was lovely. My legs feel normal again, I'm going to blame the old shoes for last week's soreness.

My hernia surgery is officially scheduled for October 14th; I have a 5K this weekend, my goal 5K October 5th, and now a 10K on the 13th too - going to run the hell out of it since I will be on enforced rest immediately afterward, haha Big grin

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I ran 10.5.

Marjorie

LRB

FYP.

You had a chance to move, why didn't you take it?

B-Plus

So pumped

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Even in Miami there has to be a "best time of the year" to run though, right?  I mean, even if it's still pretty crappy there's got to be a less crappy time.

Nice run, Z-ombie!

I guess that would be January.  This year, January had highs of 89F.  You mean that?  Although that now would feel lovely.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You had a chance to move, why didn't you take it?

I took it.  Unfortunately, the rest of the house did not.

Damaris

LRB

I took it.  Unfortunately, the rest of the house did not.

You need a new house. lol

LRB

My favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch closed, what on earth am I to do.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FOREVER?

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Move to Texas... Duh.   Hot weather training is calling...