Beginners and Beyond

Soupy Wednesdailies (Read 61 times)

GinnyinPA

Boston Marathon cutoff is officially -3:23.  God damn.  Me, Dave, and Lauren are all out.  I am a little bummed but not as broken up about it as I thought I'd be.  I'll get there.

I'm sorry to see this.  Nobody expected the cut-off to be anything that high. And yes, you will get there.

GC100k

Perfect weather continues here. I had a quick and fun <1 hr run on the Appalachian Trail today.

bluerun

Super B****

3:23 is just insane.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Runshortii

Damn about the cutoff Sad that sucks. When was the last year everyone who qualified was able to get in?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow.  I'm sorry.

Surprised the cutoff is that high, frankly.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Damn about the cutoff Sad that sucks. When was the last year everyone who qualified was able to get in?

According to this Wiki article on Boston qualifying times, the last year every qualifier who applied got in was 2011.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Wow.  I'm sorry.

Surprised the cutoff is that high, frankly.

It seems to be trending greater every year with an occasional cutback year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

Woke up at 3am Japan time to this. For me, totally demoralizing. I was not really hopeful at BQ-1:25 anyway, but I would've felt a lot better if it was 2 min or even 1:26, because I could turn around and redeem myself pretty quickly (race in 2.5 weeks) to qualify for 2019. No way I feel like I'm in BQ-3:23 shape right now, and maybe will never be, since it's possible I've stopped getting faster. And WTF do you even need to be safe anyway, BQ-5 now? Best probability is I need to wait 2 years to run a qualifier for 2021 when I get an extra 10 min, and hope I don't slow down too much. Damn. I wonder if I even bother running any more till then. (Marathons, I mean.)

And what a bunch of idiots in that RWOL thread. Good thing they shut down that place.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Woke up at 3am Japan time to this. For me, totally demoralizing.

Sorry, Dave.

<3

From the Internet.

My foot is fucked up and I'm literally never running again. Just gonna play guitar and get fat now.

DavePNW

My foot is fucked up and I'm literally never running again. Just gonna play guitar and get fat now.

Goddammit. I got nothing. I can't even play the guitar.

I may actually feel worse for you guys, because you ran what looked like a legit qualifying time, I was sure you were both a lock.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Sorry Dave, Lauren and Baboon.

Cyberic

Sorry peeps. I really hate how they move the goalposts in-game. It's heartless!

Good way to put it.

Baboon

delicate flower

Reading social media comments you'd think BAA shot peoples' dogs.

<3

DavePNW

Reading social media comments you'd think BAA shot peoples' dogs.

Thanks for the hearty lol this morning, I needed it. I don't know how anyone can blame anyone other than the people who ran faster than them. Seems like a pretty fair system to me. Not sure what the complaints would be.

Bad news: another high-60's dew point day. Good news: it was pouring rain. Yay? Just a cherry on top of today's delicious shit sundae of running life.

Dave