Beginners and Beyond

The Aftermath MonDAILIES (Read 45 times)

LRB

Yo.

'Twas a great weekend up in this bitch, what with marathons, BQs, near PRs and doggy races and shit. But now it's back to work!

What it do?

LRB

It's a rest day for me, my first in 41 days. I actually feel pretty good and could run if I wanted, but this wasn't about streaking as much as it was about training. And with that, it's over.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

And congrats again to all the racers.

I ran 9.1 under all the stars.  It was a beautiful morning, and I'm thankful I was able to enjoy it.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

I'm thinking an RD, or three.

A bit sore, but not too bad. Can probably get back on the horse pretty soon, but in no big hurry.

I said previously that I don't look at post-marathon races till post marathon. So of course already looking this morning. Race options are starting to get sparse this time of year, which is annoying because it's race weather year-round here.

I'd like to find a half, but the best option is in 2 weeks, which might be pushing it. And a 5k, but a few more options there. We'll see how things go.

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning!  Indeed, it was a pretty epic weekend for the B&B, my own race aside.  Nice work, people.  And no pressure or anything but LAUREN AND GEORGE, YOU'RE UP NEXT.

My legs still ache.  My quads are sore to the touch.  At least I slept last night.  Today is an "optional" company holiday, but I am working because of work.  Once the storm and dust settles, maybe I can duck out a little early.    I am supposed to jog three miles later.

Still on cloud nine today.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

'Morning!  Indeed, it was a pretty epic weekend for the B&B, my own race aside.  Nice work, people.  And no pressure or anything but LAUREN AND GEORGE, YOU'RE UP NEXT.

My legs still ache.  My quads are sore to the touch.  At least I slept last night.  Today is an "optional" company holiday, but I am working because of work.  Once the storm and dust settles, maybe I can duck out a little early.    I am supposed to jog three miles later.

Still on cloud nine today.

You should be on Cloud Nine. I think the cutoff time for my race is 7 hours and I plan to take advantage of all of that to get as many photos as I can assuming I remember to bring my camera and use it.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

on my way to badass

Good morning dailies!

I might take a little while to come down from this race.  I'm a little stiff this morning (quads mostly) but not really sore.  I will not be uploading my garmin data.  It appears to be off.  That could be from the clouds and trees- I dunno.  It says I ran longer and therefore faster than official race time would indicate.

Does making new race plans keep the post race blues away?  I'm in, if it does.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Cyberic

Yeah, epic weekend. Pretty good couple of weeks, actually. PRs and BQs all over the place.

I'm hesitant about running today.

• It's beautiful outside. I have the day off work. DD has a soccer practice this evening. 3 good reasons to run.
                  • All along marathon training through a hurt foot, I swore I'd take it easy afterwards. I have no race planned. My legs are feeling the two 9 milers in a row (told ya it takes me forever to recover from a marathon). My foot, although better, is not healed.

For now, I'll fix myself another coffee and maybe watch an episode of Gotham.

bluerun

Super B****

30 trainer miles because I was feeling masochistic.

I wish I had done Chicago so that this marathon nonsense would be over with!!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

30 trainer miles because I was feeling masochistic.

I wish I had done Chicago so that this marathon nonsense would be over with!!!

Freaking out a little bit? All is right in the world now. 

bluerun

Super B****

Freaking out a little bit? All is right in the world now. 

No, I'm just sick of having a marathon hanging over my head.  I'd like to get my epic blowup done sooner rather than later.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

My office is closed but we have diversity and inclusion training, two hours worth.  It's 2016, really? 👎

No, I'm just sick of having a marathon hanging over my head.  I'd like to get my epic BQ done sooner rather than later.

FYP

Dave

A bit sore, but not too bad. 

OK I guess I am pretty sore. But, it's the good kind of sore.

Oh, and thanks for everyone's stalking & congratulating yesterday. Every time I crossed a timing mat, I was thinking about the forum. It was a little extra motivation to keep up the pace. I just went back & re-read everything in the dailies, because I didn't get a chance to catch up to all of it yesterday. It made me feel really good.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning was a rough morning starting at 2 AM, Jetta.... who can't seem to figure out that she needs to REALLY inform us that she needs to go out to the potty.... so I ended up cleaning dog shit off the living room floor. Anger and lack of sleep, I didn't run this morning so hopefully I can take Dorian ..... and maybe Jetta.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)