Beginners and Beyond

The Aftermath MonDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I been away for awhile I use to post as malletgirl02 back on the Runnersworld forums. I stop posting when I injured my Achilles Tendon in October 2013, and I stopped running completely until June 2015 when I finally felt my Achilles healed enough to run on.

I ran the Army Ten Miler with my family yesterday. It was my first race after my lay off after the 2015 Army Ten Miler. Last year during my last training run for the Army 10 miler I got bit by a dog, and because they couldn't track down the dog in time I had to get the first shot in the rabies series. I was disenchanted with running after that.

I got back into running when my dad asked me to do the Army Ten Miler again this year. I am happy to say other than the heat this past summer I had no injuries or other incidents happen while training.

As for the race my dad and I started with my mom her wave since this was her first race. Since I started in the last wave with my mom, the race course was very crowded. I had to weave my way through the crowd. I was surprised at the number of people walking early in the race. Due starting in the last wave and the large number of people my first mile was 11:23, but I was able to find my stride and beat my goal of 10:30 per mile pace with running a 9:52 per mile pace. My time ended up being 1:38:38.

Other than the crowds it was a great race. I had a great time running with my family. Unlike last year, I will continue running in the future.

Welcome back and nice job at the race!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A little hack has been brought to my attention... via the NYCM app, it is possible to get your wave and corral information. Eep!

I saw some people posting theirs.  And a friend of mine that qualified and she is now put in Wave 4.  HTF did that happen?

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

3 easy miles after work.  Without question I felt much, much worse two days after the Ironman.

<3

LRB

3 easy miles after work.  Without question I felt much, much worse two days after the Ironman.

You have Christmas on a countdown timer in your log? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

bluerun

Super B****

I saw some people posting theirs.  And a friend of mine that qualified and she is now put in Wave 4.  HTF did that happen?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

You have Christmas on a countdown timer in your log? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well something had to go there.  Big grin

<3

LRB

Well something had to go there.  Big grin

It's fucking awesome. lol

onemile

I ran 7

LRB

I ran 7

What's your record for consecutive weeks of 60? Do you you know? Not that that is some magical number, but you Cy and DavePHopkinton all seem to do it with ease.

onemile

What's your record for consecutive weeks of 60? Do you you know? Not that that is some magical number, but you Cy and DavePHopkinton all seem to do it with ease.

I just checked my log and it looks like I had 8 weeks of 60+ in 2013... other years I have had a 50-something in there to break up the streak.  This cycle has been my highest so far mpw-wise but only by like 4-5mpw... so far..

LRB

I just checked my log and it looks like I had 8 weeks of 60+ in 2013... other years I have had a 50-something in there to break up the streak.  This cycle has been my highest so far mpw-wise but only by like 4-5mpw... so far..

Right, I thought this year looked unique. Nice job. I suppose if training is a progression, then you're right where you're supposed to be. Also, the 4-5 miles per week is the next level for you, so small but important.

The coolest thing for me about coming to this site in 2012 was the exposure to the running logs. The numbers some of RA's finest put up is mind boggling.

Cyberic

Mine is 5, but its 2 consecutive 5 weeks of 60+ with 1 week at 50 in between, preparing for Boston. So 10/11 at 60+.

Half Crazy K 2.0

A little over 3 easy miles, aside from the last 1/2 mile which included some very purposeful walking and praying I would make it back to the house. The woods right by my house were looking really good.

Welcome EbonyN, nice race.

Cyberic

The coolest thing for me about coming to this site in 2012 was the exposure to the running logs. The numbers some of RA's finest put up is mind boggling.

When I got here, I thought I was putting up marathon training miles while preparing for a half. I was running 40 mpws and some 50s.  Then I realized the miles some people were running. Oops. So THAT's what marathon training is.

onemile

Mine is 5, but its 2 consecutive 5 weeks of 60+ with 1 week at 50 in between, preparing for Boston. So 10/11 at 60+.

Okay so fall of 2013 I had 8 consecutive plus 4 consecutive with 1 week at 50 in between... but I also tried to do too much and that was actually one of my worst (relative) marathons. Actually, I think I was too focused on the mpw number and kind of ran myself into the ground.

Also I think the quality I am doing now is harder.....