Beginners and Beyond

Wake Up, WEDNESDAILIES! (Read 48 times)

onemile

90 seconds recoveries would have been better for me too yesterday, but I found it more practical to make it a full 400 recovery, as I was on a track, and that is what the Hansons told me to do. I don't argue with the bros.

Yes, follow the plan. It is designed to built up the interval length while keeping the recoveries.  I believe when you did it last time you came in at the half-way point?  If so, I am interested in your thoughts on the ladder workout. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Warning: Rant

Freaking frustrated as hell, DH asked me early this morning (2 AM) to not go running so he could get some sleep as I am sure he didn't come to bed until midnight  so I figured I could take Dorian running at 3 PM but then I look at the weather and it's going to be heavy thunderstorms all afternoon and into the evening.

Then to top it off, I can't find a decent cabin in MO next September that can fit 4 adults, 1 child and 2 dogs comfortably/snugly without having to pay the full amount up front.

I am really freaking agitated right now.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Taking the day off work (YAYYYY) because I hear redheads have more fun, so I need to do something about that.

Post pics!

SRD.

Dave

From the Internet.

Day 2 of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Calf feels about the same - not terrible, just tight. Cold still lingering. This is the longest break I've taken from running and lifting and cross-training since those 4 days off right after I broke my toe in June, so it's probably worth continuing to do nothing at all until after Christmas, at which point I imagine it will either become obvious that I need a medical opinion on the calf, or I'll be totally refreshed and ready to jump back in with both feet.

StepbyStep-SH

Thought I would also share that DS has set the tone already for what our 10 days of togetherness over his Christmas break will be like:

• When told that one of the jobs he needs to "attack" today is to pick up the toys in the family room, he took one look at all the little green army men and protested: But they have guns!
            • I told him that I would take him to the Y to swim for a while, then after I pick him up we will go rent a video. So he said "Mom, carry me." And after I lifted him, he said "You picked me up, now let's go get a video."

Today, it's cute. By Jan. 1, this kid may be driving me straight up the wall!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

cjones1

OMG where have you guys been?  J/K, where have I been?

Well, apparently the plague had invaded my house because between my 3 boys, we've had at least one puking sick nonstop for 3 straight weeks.  On top of that, my wife was in a Broadway style Christmas production and had 6 performances last weekend, not to mention nightly practices for two straight weeks before that.  All that added up to me taking about a week and a half off.  How do I celebrate, you ask?  Well, I couldn't sleep last night, so I dragged my butt out for 12 miles at 3:45 this morning.

Happy Festivus everybody!!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.1 in the warm wind.  I snuck it in between bouts of rain.  I have the day off, so I am going to lunch at my favorite Mexican place as soon as they open.  I will eat ALL the fish tacos and chips.  Oh yes, I will.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Baboon

delicate flower

Good morning!

I ran 10.1 in the warm wind.  I snuck it in between bouts of rain.  I have the day off, so I am going to lunch at my favorite Mexican place as soon as they open.  I will eat ALL the fish tacos and chips.  Oh yes, I will.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Solid plans!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Day 2 of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Calf feels about the same - not terrible, just tight. Cold still lingering. This is the longest break I've taken from running and lifting and cross-training since those 4 days off right after I broke my toe in June, so it's probably worth continuing to do nothing at all until after Christmas, at which point I imagine it will either become obvious that I need a medical opinion on the calf, or I'll be totally refreshed and ready to jump back in with both feet.

Hope you find an answer.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Hope you find an answer.

I actually might have an answer, and I managed to book the last PT appointment before the holiday for some dry needling fun. Someone on another forum pointed out that lateral leg might be IT band related, and the presentation fits - gets worse going down stairs and running downhill, gets better running faster (hence being fine for the workout and faster long run I did last week). If the needling + ITBS strength exercises help, then I'll be golden.

bluerun

Super B****

Post pics!

2.5 hours and a scary number of $$... eesh.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My kind of color, sweet!

Damaris

DavePNW

Nice. I think you are not so much a redhead as a magentahead.

Dave

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

3 easy miles on tm because it was pouring. Too bad though because it's so darned mild out. I may be spending Christmas mowing my lawn.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB