Beginners and Beyond

Now or Never SunDAILIES (Read 44 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

You confirmed your GMP.

I could have kept this going for six more miles today.  It would have been hard and it would have hurt, but I could have done it.  I'm very happy about this run.  I didn't fade it didn't start to feel like a harder effort until around mile 15.  At this point I think my marathon is going to come down to weather.  If it's like it was this morning (a dry 45 degrees at the start), I'm going to have a very good day.  I won't count on that in Florida though.  I'm not so sure 7:16 is GMP right now, because 19.5 miles at GMP would be suicide.

<3

Cyberic

To everyone who took the time to search and post their mileage by years with easy pace - that was SO interesting to me! Thanks so much. Now I have an additional category to add to my training log for future years. I personally love looking back through logs to see improvements or trends. Fun to geek out to runners stuff with other runners.

SRD here. And it's good b/c I'm feeling so lazy. I usually am asleep ~10pm ish, up by 6/7am. But the past couple nights i've stayed up past midnight and have slept way in, so I'm feeling very jet lagged.

The RA log is the best, and is the reason I'm here. That's how we manage to extract mileage/year, per month, average pace per run type and the like.

I'm a programmer and was in the process of writing my own software, when I stumbled upon RA. It would cost me more than 10$ / year to host my own software on the Web. I stopped programming right away and started using RA. Started to use the forums many months later.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Even LRB ought to be able to figure out that if a 5k is 3.1 miles, 5000k is 3100 miles.

And 10k is 6.2 miles.

Well, officially anyway. I've done far to many "5ks" that are 2.4-3 miles.

bluerun

Super B****

And 10k is 6.2 miles.

Well, officially anyway. I've done far to many "5ks" that are 2.4-3 miles.

My 5K PR on Athlinks is from a 2.6-mile race... I consider that motivation to beat it

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I did a 5-mile trail race this morning -- turns out I actually saved money by not registering until today, because it was the same $40 fee, MINUS the "convenience charge" I would have had to pay if I registered online.  HA!  I'm not sure of my official time, since of course I am missing from the results, but I do know that I have never run a trail race, of any distance, at a slower pace (at least, I'm pretty sure I haven't).  I've never run this course before and it was a lot harder than I expected.  But I turned my ankles a few times, and I fell once, and I DID NOT GET HURT, so I am over the moon.

chasing the impossible

LRB

Even LRB ought to be able to figure out that if a 5k is 3.1 miles, 5000k is 3100 miles.

Listen here mister, I know when I'm being complimented and when I'm being insulted. Thanks for the compliment.

breadnatty08

7.7mi easy this afternoon to finish out the week.  Solid week of running, feeling good, healthy, fit and without any sort of nagging injuries I've had most times at this volume.  I had some niggly achilles thing that would go away after a mile or so of loosening up, but I've not noticed much of it the past couple weeks.  Next week should be pretty solid but I'll likely keep it in the 80s for mileage.  Smile

Weekly Summary
                Monday, Oct 16, 2017 thru Sunday, Oct 22, 2017

<tfoot> </tfoot>
                Day Miles Pace Description Egain Link
                Mon 9.5 7:37 Breezy Afternoon Easy 688 strava
                Tue 11.5 6:51 Fall is here! 8x800 275 strava
                Tue 7.1 7:29 Afternoon Run 469 strava
                Wed 10.0 8:21 Easy Morning Trails 1326 strava
                Thu 11.4 6:45 Morning Tempo 2x3mi 380 strava
                Thu 7.0 7:41 Afternoon Run 528 strava
                Fri 12.5 8:10 Morning Trails 1482 strava
                Sat 6.8 6:47 Morning BS #1 114 strava
                Sat 13.9 6:39 Morning BS #2 331 strava
                Sun 7.8 7:48 Afternoon Easy 754 strava
                  97.5 7:24   6347  

Find me on Strava

GinnyinPA

I ran an excellent race today - the Gettysburg Blue - Gray Half Marathon. Gorgeous day, low 50s at the start, 64 at the finish. Last time I ran this race, I was dealing with anemia but didn't know it. I just knew my training had sucked, and I couldn't run fast or long. I approached that race as a fun run, but still struggled the whole way. Today was redemption.My A goal was to go under two hours, since my previous PR was 2:00:40.  I ended up with a 6 minute PR at 1:54:27. I won my age group (out of 13) so came home with a big homemade apple pie. I was 111th out of 474, which is a better finish than I think I've ever had. I ran strong (almost) the whole way, so I really enjoyed the race.

DavePNW

I ran an excellent race today - the Gettysburg Blue - Gray Half Marathon. Gorgeous day, low 50s at the start, 64 at the finish. Last time I ran this race, I was dealing with anemia but didn't know it. I just knew my training had sucked, and I couldn't run fast or long. I approached that race as a fun run, but still struggled the whole way. Today was redemption.My A goal was to go under two hours, since my previous PR was 2:00:40.  I ended up with a 6 minute PR at 1:54:27. I won my age group (out of 13) so came home with a big homemade apple pie. I was 111th out of 474, which is a better finish than I think I've ever had. I ran strong (almost) the whole way, so I really enjoyed the race.

Awesome! Huge congrats, that is a massive PR for a HM. Great job!

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ginny, congrats on the huge PR! Enjoy the apple pie.

not lazy, just tired

Congrats, Ginny... mmmm.... apple pie 

7 easy breezy miles this morning for me. Love beautiful fall weather!

Not if it makes sense.

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats, Ginny!

chasing the impossible

Baboon

delicate flower

came home with a big homemade apple pie.

YOU GONNA EAT THAT?

Great job, Ginny!  Congrats on a great race.

<3

LRB

Omg PIE.  😳

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats!

Damaris