Beginners and Beyond

Lily Declares it Thors-Dailies - (Read 57 times)

delicate flower

Hello lmao.

6.15 easy miles before work this morning, and another 5-8 planned post-work.

Normally I am not easily impressed by software demos at work since I've seen a million of them, but the Oracle HR Analytics reporting tool I just saw looks really slick.  Looks expensive too.   #coolstorybro

<3

Ric-G

5 miles this morning (so much cooler than the evening)....TMs are okay in a hotel but can only do 4 or 5 miles, then I always wonder if they're calibrated (as if it really matters)....have a good thorsday everyone! (for you lily)

scotty- sorry about your loss.

marathon pr - 3:16

Little Blue

Rest day today.  Out of nowhere, some Achilles pain last night, some 14 hours after my run.  Don't know where that came from, and I've never had it before, so I'll take a day or two off and hopefully it will go away.  Bummer too because there is a 5k I was wanting to do tomorrow night.  I guess I'll just wait and see how I feel.

Tight calf muscles?  That's been my problem lately.  Foam rolling/massage and heel drops have helped a lot.

Zelanie

Morning! Time to leave Canada today . Just when we finally figured out how to use the credit card machines. I do get to connect with an old friend before we go. Looking forward to that.

DavePNW

10 miles with 7 at GMP. Probably my best one so far; only 1 mile was off pace (by 5 sec), the others were 1-10 sec faster than target.

Dave

DavePNW

Tight calf muscles?  That's been my problem lately.  Foam rolling/massage and heel drops have helped a lot.

Yeah, a lot of people swear by the heel drops. I don't do them, but I do two calf stretches after every run: standard leaning against the wall stretch for upper calf (gastroc), and same position with slightly bent knee for lower calf (soleus). The 2nd one really gets to the achilles.

Dave

cjones1

Yeah, a lot of people swear by the heel drops. I don't do them, but I do two calf stretches after every run: standard leaning against the wall stretch for upper calf (gastroc), and same position with slightly bent knee for lower calf (soleus). The 2nd one really gets to the achilles.

Yeah, I do that too.  Hopefully a day off will do the trick.  It usually does.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baboon, they always show cool stuff for the demos. When you buy it, unless you get the deluxe stuff, you don't get those cool features. I was told about all the great reports I could have run automatically. I still manually do them. Its been almost a year.

B-Plus

Morning! Time to leave Canada today . Just when we finally figured out how to use the credit card machines. I do get to connect with an old friend before we go. Looking forward to that.

Remind me of what's different for my trip south tmw. No tap or no chip?

Cyberic

In the US, you still have to sign for the credit cards, right? Magnetic band swipe + signature? Instead of a chip + PIN? I don't remember when I was in Seattle in February...

MTA: Oh, and lily, I liked the Thor's dailies.

Half Crazy K 2.0

In the US, you still have to sign for the credit cards, right? Magnetic band swipe + signature? Instead of a chip + PIN? I don't remember when I was in Seattle in February...

MTA: Oh, and lily, I liked the Thor's dailies.

Signature depends on merchant. Target only requires a signature over $50.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I am at the SC airport already, waiting for my flight.  Might run some when I get home.

Damaris

Zelanie

Swipe and sign. Smile And don't panic if they take your card away from the table at a restaurant.

B-Plus

I remember tapping at the metro in Chicago. I think either Walmart or target accepts chip or tap.

LRB

I do not have the chip on any of my cards but am being issued one on my bank card sometime this year.

I have not had any unauthorized purchases that I recall, but did have a dispute with a merchant in South Beach once who basically told me to go do myself.

When I got home I called my bank, who got on his ass like ants on syrup. He called me offering a compromise and I basically told him to go do himself. Bitch. lol

It was awesome!