Beginners and Beyond

My third attempt at a sub-19:00 5k. Three words for that; going, going GONE! (Read 115 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George, my Garmin split for the last .05 of a mile was 12 seconds.  If I had run a full .10 it possibly would have been between 20 and 24 seconds maybe.

I always end up prorating the differences for that last fractional mile to adjust my splits to get a better sense of what I actually ran. Even 20-24 seconds for .1 miles is blazing fast, but then you used to be a sprinter, weren't you?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

tracilynn

Crazy fast. I just can't even imagine a sub 6 in mile 3 of a 5k... or in any mile of anything really!

beast!

~~~~~~~

Traci

B-Plus

Huge congrats LRB!! That is smoking fast and way to represent the DSRs! What were you saying the other day about not being able to touch my PRs?

music_girl117

This is awesome!!  Sounds like you executed perfectly; well done!

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

LRB

I always end up prorating the differences for that last fractional mile to adjust my splits to get a better sense of what I actually ran. Even 20-24 seconds for .1 miles is blazing fast, but then you used to be a sprinter, weren't you?

No, I was a baseball player through high school and a softball player from then until my mid 30's.  I took up the sport of running at the age of 43 in 2011.

I started to prorate my splits today to reflect my finish time but just said screw it, I will run an 18:22 again to justify it instead! 

LRB

Crazy fast. I just can't even imagine a sub 6 in mile 3 of a 5k... or in any mile of anything really!

beast!

Thank you!

Dream the impossible dream, then go out there and do the things you need to do to make it happen. That is basically what I do.

For you that might not be a sub-6:00 mile during a 5k but whatever that number is you will never know if you can achieve unless you try.  Start small.

LRB

What were you saying the other day about not being able to touch my PRs?

You mutha f*cka!

I guess I am creeping but damn your shit seems so far away at the moment.  Thanks though, I look forward to following your training in the dailies as you put up just stupid sick paces when you are dialed in!

What's on your fall schedule?  Your 2:55:12 at Chicago last fall was the shiznit!

LRB

Beast!

Hell yes Rick, huge congrats.  That is a smokin' fast time;  enjoy the Ferrari Car wine, 'cause you ran like one.

Thank you!  Hopefully that 2:53:49 drops substantially at Boston in 8 frickin' days.  EEEK!  How are you feeling about your chances?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hot damn that's fast.  Congrats, LRB!

Running is dumb.

LRB

This is awesome!!  Sounds like you executed perfectly; well done!

Thanks music girl!  Speaking of music this was the race theme song I had on repeat driving over to the event this morning. 

Thank you Mandy!  I am certainly trying!

Thank you!  Hopefully that 2:53:49 drops substantially at Boston in 8 frickin' days.  EEEK!  How are you feeling about your chances?

Well, never say never, but I don't think I trained sufficiently to PR.  Unless lots of stars align, I'm just going after sub-3 and then putting in a big summer for an all-out attempt this fall.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job and performance!  Congrats!

Damaris

B-Plus

You mutha f*cka!

I guess I am creeping but damn your shit seems so far away at the moment.  Thanks though, I look forward to following your training in the dailies as you put up just stupid sick paces when you are dialed in!

What's on your fall schedule?  Your 2:55:12 at Chicago last fall was the shiznit!

What I meant is now you have me on the 5k, which doesn't surprise me the way you train for these things.

If all goes well all be heading to Berlin in the fall. I'll try to be more active in the dailies once I get into the thick of training.

Zelanie

Huge race for you!  All the work you put in this winter is really paying off.  It's a shame about the crummy organization and the rest, but now you know what you can do, and racing season has only just begun! Smile

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

2 words....

bad

ass

Randy